UKBouldering.com

Anyone seen any good films lately - Part the second (Read 1139509 times)

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
dont hold back chappers let it all out

chappers

• forum hero

to tell you the truth mate, im not sure i have done justice to my rage about this film. seriously the acting was laughable, the dialog terrible, and the story farcical, and...if a guy gets chopped in half by a train (this sounds good but isnt), there would be fucking tonnes more mess, so that is bull shit too.

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
Watched Irina Palm at the weekend, its moving and dark but bloody funny in parts. Its about a middleaged woman who takes to wanking men off to pay for her grandsons hospital bills.  8)

I watched 'Smart People' the previous weekend, which was reasonably good. My usual hatred for Sarah Jessica Parker was limited to mild distaste during this film.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Must've been good.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
I saw the happening last night and i was suitably impressed i like M. Night Shyamalan's style  and i think the concept for the film was very very good. I even found marky mark bearable in this film which is unusaly as i hate most of his films.

saltbeef

• forum hero

to tell you the truth mate, im not sure i have done justice to my rage about this film. seriously the acting was laughable, the dialog terrible, and the story farcical, and...if a guy gets chopped in half by a train (this sounds good but isnt), there would be fucking tonnes more mess, so that is bull shit too.

sounds like hollyoaks. fuck i hate that program.
i'm sure its been mentioned before but i can't be arsed to trawl this thread, saw let there be blood, real good.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
Watched Tideland last night. Fuck it's weird. Terry Gilliam doing what he loves to do. Fuck about!

Fortunately not very confusing (I can stand films like Mulholland Drive, which I simply do not understand - saying that I didn't really understand Donnie Darko, and yet loved it!), and it does have a conclusion, rather than it just being left unsaid.

7/10

chappers

• forum hero
gone baby gone is good, i enjoyed. some shocking use of the "c" word for a 15  :shrug:
and...the girl couldnt look anymore like madaline if they tried.

Duma

• forum hero
Saw Seraphim Falls the other day - not bad at all. Brooding western revenge/chase. Gets suddenly rather surreal at the end - can see it may annoy some but I really enjoyed it.

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
Watched Tideland last night. Fuck it's weird. Terry Gilliam doing what he loves to do. Fuck about!

I went to watch a screening of this, with Gilliam introducing it. He did a Q+A at the end, and all was going well until one guy asked how it felt to have made a collapsed souffle of a film. Cue a long sigh, followed by a sharp reply that summed up basically meant fuck you, he then bid farewell, and walked off stage. Guy was right tho, its a right mess of a film.

Duma

• forum hero
Questioner sounds like a cock. I liked this, though was so long ago I can't remember much detail.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I watched it a while back and enjoyed it...

I've got/watched Tideland and thought it was very good.  Not really a kids film at all, but its about the innocence of childhood, I guess in this sense its similar to Pan's Labyrinth.  As r-man says there are some rather disconcerting aspects to the film, but its worth watching and having been reminded of it I shall probably watch it again soon.

It does however have Jeff Bridges in a Dude-esque role again (albeit rather short-lived  ;) )

SteveM

• stalker
  • I feel the need for speed
    • bad-altitude
Went to see The Escapist (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0961728/) this weekend. Great acting and minimal dialogue make the menacing atmosphere of jail and the tension of a prison break come alive. Well recommended, Brian Cox is superb and deserves more big leads.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
took the chance on the entrance fee for WANTED last on thursday not really expecting too much. Angelina jolie is in full on fox mode but the film itself is a pile of wank. its probably really good if your still buying zoo because you think its a pr0n mag......................probably

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
its probably really good if your still buying zoo because you think its a pr0n mag....................

.......and you listen to Coldplay etc etc.

SteveM

• stalker
  • I feel the need for speed
    • bad-altitude
In Bruges http://www.uk.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/

Went to see In Bruges last night and was mightily impressed with the acting of both leads, but especially the never-ending stream of black humour. More midget jokes than you could toss a dwarf at...

:dance1:

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
Agreed this is a much better film thena the publicity and hype has given it credit for :great: go and see in bruges

Paul B

• forum hero
Angelina jolie is in full on fox mode but the film itself is a pile of wank. its probably really good if your still buying zoo because you think its a pr0n mag......................probably

She looks ill on the billboards around town, how the hell can anyone have arms that thin?

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
i'd be too busy to notice if i'm honest with you paul 

Paul B

• forum hero

Something just looks wrong...

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
yeah that guy is in the background is distracting from the major appeal in the rest of the photo

robertostallioni

• forum hero
If he's aiming at me he's gonna miss, and i reckon I could be all over Miss Jolie before she squeezed of a round from that  clip-free pistol even if she could pull the trigger with GCW's arm. Yeah.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Saw Seraphim Falls the other day - not bad at all. Brooding western revenge/chase. Gets suddenly rather surreal at the end - can see it may annoy some but I really enjoyed it.

Mentioned this a few pages back.  Best film of 08 for me.  Along w/ The Assassination of Jesse James (another western) which the OST is well worth going out of your way to find.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
never found Angelina Jolie attractive tbh. Doesn't mean to say I wouldn't bang the shit out of her tho.
Has uncle been tattooing her arm?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

I know what you mean Jim - A.J. treads that line that many models do - she has prominent features that sometimes look beautiful but sometimes look ugly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal