UKBouldering.com

Anyone seen any good films lately - Part the second (Read 1139541 times)

Stubbs

Fully Flared, a new skate film featuring some of the best.

This is amazing, go buy a copy if you like skateboarding, it's better than Yeah Right, which I wasn't sure was possible.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Not that I'm really into skate video's, but this sliced bread ones sound good. Edgy title. Where can I get it?
I don't recon a fishing video is really my scene but i'll try anything once

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Pan's Labyrinth was on Film4 last night. Watched some of it, will try watch rest tonight. Bound to be repeated.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
It is tres bon. Definately worth watching

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Films ive watched in last week

Hitman - Average, watchable, crap dialog 3/5
The Contractor - Action/Thriller through and through. Turn brain off, not bad 3/5
Alpha Dog - Not bad acting from Timberlake, Good film, but its no Tarrantino! 4/5

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Just watched Grzegorz Jonkajtys' short film Arka (The Ark). Liked it, as will all fans of short stories, scifi (ish) stuff, short films, animation, graphic stories and all that sort of thing (geeky comics and all that). Other people might like it too.
Oh look, a trailer on youtube

Its only 7 mins (guess) long. Its a cg animation and "won Siggraph Best of Show this year. The beautiful, yet deeply sad film is the tale of an unknown virus has destroyed almost the entire human population. The title refers to the attempted escape by the only remaining survivors in a flotilla of huge ships, in search of uninhabited and uncontaminated land."
"While technically beautiful, the film's story really tugs at the emotional heart strings." seems about right.
The official Arc site is ridden with virus itself (thearcfilm.com) so don't go there unless your computer is adequately protected and you know what you are doing.
There is a full download that seems ok.

Dr T

• forum hero

Alpha Dog - Not bad acting from Timberlake, Good film, but its no Tarrantino! 4/5

just saw it - ultimately just a very sad story - glad I've seen it but not exactly enjoyable

as true crime goes think Wonderland was a better film....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Some great bits in this.......

..........but it aint no Old Boy.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
 :off: Just as a warning really. If anyone is thinking of watching The Celestine Prophecy, don't bother. Its even worse than I thought it could be. Wooden (soggy, cheap chipboard) acting and poor     well     everything. I am tempted to bring out a compolation of the 20+ hours of shit that I edit out of my non-quality efforts just to show how much this film could be improved.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Mad keen for Eastern Promises, I just know that if I had seen it it would be in my Film choices in the Best of 2007.

Anyone seen The Golden Compass?  From the book by Phillip Pullman.

Trailer on this page.  A possibility for this weekend.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Trailer on this page.  A possibility for this weekend.

I have heard it's awful. Apparently all that's good about the book has been lost in the Disnefication process.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Seen some very mixed reviews, but still keen to see it. G/f is halfway through book and wants to finish it before we go.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass

Yes. I quite liked it. Very Chit Chiti Bang Bang. The small child that took me to see it loved it. Worth going to the cinema for the fights involving the Ice Bears - lots of load roaring and bowl shaking bass effects which scared a few kids. The main child character was done well. Nicole Kidman's character was ace - scary, evilish, mixed up and very pretty. In fact, all the bad guys were done well. Sam Eliot played exactly the same role that he does in every other film he's in (so quite good).
We knew nothing of the book before going, so had nothing to compare it with.
The final fights and happy bit as the plots were tied up were fine, but then it continued on to a pretty lame finish. On a par with the sub-ending of Lord of The Rings pt 1 setting you up for the next 4 films in the series.
It will make a great Christmas film in the future.
Same as I say! Same as I say! Very Chit Chiti Bang Bang.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
bowl shaking

Tell me about it man, these fucking beggars weedle their way into all places

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
Another good bit of 'puter generated fun- "A Gentalman's Duel" from Blur studio. Well worth a few mins (7.45) of anyone's time.

Links for high quality downloads from here

trailer on 'tube

and low quality version too

Rob

I saw it the first weekend and I have to be honest I was a bit disappointed! I've not read the books or seen the plays but I was expecting something a bit deeper. I heard they toned some of the subject matter down to capture a wider audience.

Something else, there wasn't a peep from the kids in the audience; no ooohs! and no arrhs, nothing!

Look good though and massive fighting polar bears are always going to be a crowd pleaser.

Paz

• junky
It says something about the modern age that we can now only experience an old traditional sport like bear baiting through the magic of CGI.

It says something about me that I was willing to walk for two hours at night to see Jackie Chan fight the tallest active basket ball player (for the record - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2416539/ - the film's one for his fans only) and some other cool shit, but I could't be arsed to roll down a hill on my bike and watch Golden Compass.  I've just got this gut instinct that tells me I'll be dissappointed if I go to the cinema to see it - it'll be on at christmas in 2 or 3 years and I'll enjoy it then.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
Seen a couple of new things over Xmas.

I Am Legend - Amazing CGI, very similar to 28 days later and 28 weeks later. Watchable but not as good as the hype. 7/10
American Gangster - Long, well put together, wont say anymore as will give the plot away. 9/10

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
just been to see I am legend, agreed it lacks a bit of pace but they manage to hold the suspense pretty well better than you average film but i like the original better and I still need to get round to reading the book.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
American Gangster - Long, well put together, wont say anymore as will give the plot away. 9/10

it may have been the fact we'd been out drinking on Sat night when we slapped this one on, but half the room we're falling asleep - quite slow and nothing that hasn't been done in a million and one films before,  3-4/10 would be my rating. Should have watched Eastern Promise instead...

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero

it may have been the fact we'd been out drinking on Sat night when we slapped this one on, but half the room we're falling asleep - quite slow and nothing that hasn't been done in a million and one films before,  3-4/10 would be my rating. Should have watched Eastern Promise instead...

3-4?! Thats harsh Stu..... I thought it was good, really good.

Eastern promise good? Thats next on the list!

Dr T

• forum hero
saw a guide to recognising your saints yesterday..
very well acted but any real interest in the characters lies in the fact that you know it is autobiographical from the director
all in all watch something else  :thumbsdown:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
Eastern Promise, good, bit slow, but there was a good story. 7/10

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal