UKBouldering.com

Bloody route climbers, and f-ing mountaineerers (Read 2553 times)

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
I'm bored as piss, sitting in the library trying to write an essay about frickin teaching styles and their use in sport lessons......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Thought I'd try an incite some controversy by slaggin those muthas on cocktalk.  Why do so many of them have such strong opinions on total bollox??????  They all take it so seriously.  There also seems to be a strong contingent of cocktalksuckers from my part of the world, I know them but they don't know me (as I don't write shit on cocktalk all the time).

What is it all about?  It's got to something to do with untangling those frickin ropes, or standing around on wet hills.

Arses!!!!!!!!

Lets slag them off, come on, entertain me! :x

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Tim, you sound a little stressed  :wink:

We must learn to love our mountaineering and trad-climbing friends, we must accept their strange ways.....

Seriously though, most climbers/alpinists/moutaineers that I've known through the years have all loved bouldering as well - met Andy Cave at the Plantation not so long ago - there's always those fools who think their particular strand of the sport is the only one worth persuing. As for all the ethical nonsense that gets discussed, well I've never met a climber who's not toproped something, etc, etc.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that anyone who can't get any enjoyment from bouldering, probably doesn't really enjoy climbing, as really it's the movement of climbing distilled to one particular art form.

Anyway, it's not called Cocktalk for nothing, is it?

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
Right on Brother Bubba. Peace and Harmony.

Actually, Fuck that. Have you ever noticed how the only people who complain about ethics, toproping and the "sub-sport" of bouldering are fat, ageing punters, struggling to come to terms with their own inadequacies as climbers.

I'm developing a theory which says that a stern ethical position is an attempt to recover some pride in you sport following the realisation that your thoroughly crap at everything.

james

• obsessive maniac
What would be really funny would be to start a topic on CT using Stu's message as a new topic.
For example:

Important Notice.
Have you ever noticed how the only people who complain about ethics, toproping and the "sub-sport" of bouldering are fat, ageing punters, struggling to come to terms with their own inadequacies as climbers.

And for good measure we could add:

These are the kind of people that struggle to climb out of bed, let alone manage a particulary tricky V.Diff at the popular end.  :lol:

I wonder what kind of reply it would get, or how long it would take to get deleted?
Cheers  

James

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
It would certainly make Friday afternoon entertaining!

jam tart to the man who posts that as Ken Wilson...

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
Great responses.  Feeling much less stressed today, probably through watching Matrix reloaded yesterday.

Stu has often told me to "get angry" with problems in the past, unleash the dragon or something like that.  But I've never really been able to, being the generally laid back young man that I am.  From now on I'll just do half an hour of uni work before attempting anything hard.

danielb

• regular
    • http://www.danielb.org.uk
At least there is no crap fluffy postings here, some of the stuff that gets posted on ukclimbing makes me want to puke....

And yes some of the punters have very strange ideas about top roping, students, ethics etc.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Ok, I made myself a little rule whereby I would stop slagging anything read on CT, coz it's a bit sad in a way.....but I'm afraid I have to bring this thread to your attention:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=47582

Jeezus Christ - if you have to ask for advice as to how to uncoil a new rope, should you be allowed near the rock in the first place?  :twisted:

danielb

• regular
    • http://www.danielb.org.uk
Its better than some of the cack in the down the pub forum though...

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
Oh..........my..........god! :shock:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal