UKBouldering.com

Best of 2014 new music (a bit early) (Read 18306 times)

Tom J

#2 Steve Gunn: Way out Weather.

This guy has totally dominated my playlist for the last 2 months of Squamish - Vancouver commuting, it's made the drive a positive pleasure.

Currently edging in front in the playcount race is 'Too Early For The hammer'.

Thanks a lot for the recommendation.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Hi Tom thanks for posting.  I've listened to both those albums more than anything else over the last couple of years.  Funnily enough I saw Steve Gunn live on Monday night when you posted.  Just him, Tommy and Eric on the drums. It was great. 

There's another earlier album Boerum Palace (think I've spelt that right) that's just as good; a really nice improv album with Mike Cooper that's a bit more esoteric.

kelvin

• forum hero
#52 Re: Best of 2014 new music (a bit early)
September 11, 2015, 08:18:39 pm
A bit late but this has been caned on my van stereo - Owel - S/T. The first track just builds and builds and I love it. No idea how to describe them other than maybe melodious.

Motown

• regular
#53 Re: Best of 2014 new music (a bit early)
September 11, 2015, 09:10:14 pm
Another recommendation for Run the Jewels 2. Great hip hop. Four Owls are worth a listen if you prefer your rap with an English accent. A great Prince Paul produced single leads the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pako

• addict
#54 Re: Best of 2014 new music (a bit early)
September 12, 2015, 02:01:39 am
For anyone who liked My Bloody Valentine or any of the shoegaze and dream pop of the 90s, lately there has been a renaissance of this sound. Probably the best of these bands is Pinkshinyultrablast, a russian shoegaze band who released their debut album, Everything Else Matters, this year. Here is a lovely song from them, but their whole album is just fantastic as well.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#55 Re: Best of 2014 new music (a bit early)
December 01, 2015, 10:00:44 pm
I'm going to kick off this year's thread in the next week or so.. Get your rekkids out.

johnrebus

#56 Re: Best of 2014 new music (a bit early)
September 06, 2016, 12:46:32 am
Very late entry to the list but just got into this guy and absolutely loving his 2014 album Madman

Quality songrwriting, strong melodies and a magnificent baritone making for great alt-folk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal