UKBouldering.com

System board (Read 2458 times)

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
System board
August 20, 2006, 01:20:03 am
I have been using the creation wall moon board the past few weeks and have become adicted. It is greatly improving my confidence on overhanging moves.
Problem I have now is I am moving back to the North East and the walls I use up there (Sunderland, Newcastle and Rock Antics) dont have a moon board or similar system board.

Does anyone know the nearest place to Middlesbrough that has a system board?

Cheers

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: System board
August 31, 2006, 09:47:11 am
Thought as much - there aint one. Have to build one then. LETS GO!

Paul B

• forum hero
#2 Re: System board
September 01, 2006, 12:17:15 am
would you class the moon board as a systems board? it just seems to be a woodie with problems on doesnt it? if its just hard  steep problems you're after then theres a full folder of them at RA although admittedly the place was better when the 30 deg board was littered in small holds rather than volume nonsense.

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: System board
September 01, 2006, 10:13:40 am
Yeah I really like the moon board - its more fun than simple systems training. Meaning I would use it.

But what is this RA place? Rock Antics? It used to be really good but the bouldering seems a little lazy now. I have never seen anything moon board related there.

:-\

Paul B

• forum hero
#4 Re: System board
September 02, 2006, 02:25:08 am
so you're after a board with preset problems on steep ground? :o you can get this at sunderland or RA (rock antics). There are loads of problems in the folder at RA to keep you going, no it hasnt got a moon board but who cares? The featured wall is absolutely fantastic for crimp strength, ok so the route setting has lapsed recently on the plywood(...even if i do say so myself  ;))...but theres still plenty to keep you going on the other bouldering wall, and the plywood should be getting sorted shortly.
Myself and a few others spent massive amounts of time down RA when we were very young, theres plenty of different things to keep you going, now you only have to contend with the heat!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal