UKBouldering.com

"Ben and Jerry" gite in Larchant (Read 2668 times)

tubbs

• regular
"Ben and Jerry" gite in Larchant
August 03, 2006, 01:06:59 pm
Been checking out the gites-de-france site to see if above gite is available at end of Sept, but can't find it on there.  Does anyone know the reference number?

Alternatively, if the owner has stopped renting it out (due to the shame of ripping everyone off with their deposit money), does anyone know of any alternatives that will take 10+ climbers :please:

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
#1 Re: "Ben and Jerry" gite in Larchant
August 03, 2006, 01:44:00 pm
14 person gite here

there's also a 7 person one near noisy that i stayed at - which was cool.

when there's that many of you - if you can possibly afford it - i thoroughly recommend asking if you can pay to get the cleaning done. that way you don't spend the last day of your precious font trip sweeping under the beds - and can spend it leaving the last remains of your skin around the forest instead.

another top tip is a shoes off in the gite rule - especially if you were thinking of combining 5.10 trainers and white tile floors (thats not fair on whoevers got to clean it - even if it is the local crazy cleaning lady).

oh and as ever look out for electricity charges on top of rental charge yadda yadda yadda  :yawn:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2 Re: "Ben and Jerry" gite in Larchant
August 03, 2006, 03:53:17 pm
when we stayed at that gite the owner was nothing but friendly. i think it's just another case of the majority giving the minority a bad name.

tubbs

• regular
#3 Re: "Ben and Jerry" gite in Larchant
August 03, 2006, 04:06:24 pm
when we stayed at that gite the owner was nothing but friendly. i think it's just another case of the majority giving the minority a bad name.

First time we stayed there, no problemo. The really old guy came over from the farmhouse to check for cleanliness, but just gave us the deposit back after we'd chatted to him for a minute. Second time, the old lady came over and blamed every bloody crumb/speck of dust on us and refused to hand over any of the deposit!!!

Can you remember what the gite reference was though?

JFW - your recommendation looks good, but have you seen how much that place cost for a weekend - 1000 euros!!!

erm, sam

• forum hero
#4 Re: "Ben and Jerry" gite in Larchant
August 03, 2006, 07:36:19 pm
last time we were there, we stayed in the other Gite in the farmyard and the woman said that the Ben and Jerry one was no longer being rented out as the owners wanted to keep it for when their daugher and family visited. That was in december last year......

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
#5 Re: "Ben and Jerry" gite in Larchant
August 03, 2006, 10:06:15 pm

JFW - your recommendation looks good, but have you seen how much that place cost for a weekend - 1000 euros!!!

soz no - didn't look at price - youch! - i was just scrolling through looking for one with max number of persons

a dense loner

• forum hero
#6 Re: "Ben and Jerry" gite in Larchant
August 05, 2006, 04:02:40 am
1000 euros sounds a lot, but bear in mind that the man does let his tenants penetrate his shetland pony whenever you want. Recommended. :-[

a dense loner

• forum hero
#7 Re: "Ben and Jerry" gite in Larchant
August 05, 2006, 07:19:36 pm
bastards, hope this is the last one to find. you are mine wilson. prob where the "coming out" comes from :shag:
any more and i will teach you what your arse is for

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal