UKBouldering.com

Llech Ddu (Read 4349 times)

Doylo

• forum hero
Llech Ddu
July 21, 2006, 07:12:05 pm
Here's some Chuffing beta for you all, never go to Llech Ddu, its shit, its really shit!

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#1 Re: Llech Ddu
July 21, 2006, 07:59:08 pm
Can't say I'd agree with you there Chris. Granted, the bouldering is utter tosh, but the cliff itself is a big, wild and wonderfully traditional place. Yesterday Al Leary was raving to me about an new direct finish that he's just done to Elliw.

What route did you do? (I take it doing big mountain routes is part of your injury treatment plan)

Doylo

• forum hero
#2 Re: Llech Ddu
July 21, 2006, 08:42:33 pm
Central Route. And we wanted to do the 'Great' Corner, but having got up to the base of it through vertical grass bouldering we decided against it cos it blatanly hadn't been done for 20 years and was very overgrown. If its a summer mountain crag your after go to Cloggy every time!  Yeah Si am trying to get back into trad cos of my finger, its the only climbing i can do really. Sorry to diss a crag in your new guide but people need warning. And yeah the bouldering did look shite, what were those rockfax dudes thinking!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#3 Re: Llech Ddu
July 22, 2006, 10:41:45 am
...what were those rockfax dudes thinking?

(Open think bubble) I wish I wasn't so old.  I wish I could still pull down like a muthafucka.  I wish it wasn't all so hard.  Is there anything easier on offer...? (Close think bubble)

Teaboy

• forum hero
#4 Re: Llech Ddu
July 27, 2006, 12:46:06 am
never go to Llech Ddu

Are you sure you're not just saying that to keep people away from what is surely Wales' best last great problem?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal