UKBouldering.com

Busting it frogside (Read 5021 times)

dave

Busting it frogside
October 15, 2002, 09:44:43 am
Yo

Me and some homies are going to Font the back end of november. The plan is to go for a week, satdy to satdy. Trying to find a ferry/tunnel deal on t'internet, but getting some stupid prices quoted. When i went to font in march we went for 5 days on a £78 ticket, but for a week i'm getting £200+ quoted. :shock:

Does anyone know anywhere i can get cheaper ?? or anything useful at all regarding booking cheap ferries, personal experience etc?? :?:  we're planning on going middle of the night to make it cheap, offseason, but the ferry companies don't seem to be willing to play ball. :roll:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Busting it frogside
October 15, 2002, 10:08:20 am
Selecta!

We're going across, hopefully sometime in November too - have you looked into flying and hiring a car? Certainly for a long weekend this is a good option, but not sure about the car hire costs for a week.

Good new place to check for bargain flights is skyscanner.

dave

#2 Busting it frogside
October 15, 2002, 10:23:41 am
Yeah, figured after a weeks worth of hirecar this probably wouldn't be cheaper, plus there the ball-ache of taking all your stuff and mats ont plane, rather than cram a hatchback full of gear and go.

Can't understand why the robbing farry bastards charge more if you are returning after a longer period, its not as if its costing them any more. If we have to go with a £240 ferry then phone me and anaesthetist cos its "an arm and a leg" territory.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Busting it frogside
October 15, 2002, 11:03:32 am
You're probably right about dat - think we're gonna do two long weekends to Font, one in Nov and one in Jan - a whole week out there would just kill me.

Looked into flights for weekend of 23rd Nov - £25 bargain, but from LHR so have to add petrol from Sheff to that - still only about £35 each though so with the hire car it's going to be £60 ish hopefully. Not bad at all.

Dunno why they sting you for more coz you're going for a week - maybe they think if you're doing a week you've got more money to spend. £240's a bit steep though - anaesthetist? Bottla good ole moonshine and a strip of old beef jerky between the teeth is all we get  :)

dave

#4 Busting it frogside
October 15, 2002, 04:46:04 pm
In the end i managed to find a ferry crossing for 99 notes, which is better than a kick in the franchards :lol:

Anonymous

#5 Busting it frogside
October 15, 2002, 05:45:09 pm
Where d'ya get that deal from? I couldn't see owt below £247

dave

#6 Busting it frogside
October 16, 2002, 08:48:40 am
try Norfolkline

Ok the sailing is to dunkirque, which means 30mins extra on the boat and 30miles extra drive once in france, but i think its worth it if you've got £150 extra sitting in your back pocket. Think you have to book before 31st Oct to get that deal.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal