UKBouldering.com

Help with Urgent file recovery (Read 1439 times)

account_inactive

• forum hero
Help with Urgent file recovery
May 23, 2006, 11:02:12 am
I've somehow managed not to save a 26 page document that I was working on at the weekend in Word.  I thought that when I closed down I chose the save now option.  I can't believe that I would be such an idiot, but the original file is a very old version.  With the auto save function where are the temp files kept where there might me a copy of all my work

Please can someone help as I'm shitting myself  :o

account_inactive

• forum hero
#1 Re: Help with Urgent file recovery
May 23, 2006, 11:28:09 am
All I can say is thank fuck for norton recovery!  I've never had to use it before and always wondered why it was guarding my waste bin!  Still not sure what happened as I'm pretty anal about saving and then backing stuff up on an external drive or usb pen.

......................and breathe.  Its at times like this I wished I still smoked

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: Help with Urgent file recovery
May 23, 2006, 10:37:51 pm

Phew! Lucky one there D-Man

account_inactive

• forum hero
#3 Re: Help with Urgent file recovery
May 23, 2006, 11:16:38 pm
Cheers mate :)

Did read a load of stuff on file recovery which I might be able to pass on at some point though ::)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#4 Re: Help with Urgent file recovery
May 25, 2006, 08:56:51 pm
only just seen this but, I managed somehow in a druken stupor to delete all the photo's off the computer including honeymoon photo's one night.
There is a program that a mate of mine who is now on parole got me which is called recover my files. It works a treat. shows up loads of stuff you think you permanetly deleted and can recover it.
What can I say.
It saved my live (and marrage)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal