UKBouldering.com

Matrix Bouldering Competition (Read 3793 times)

Nim

• regular
Matrix Bouldering Competition
May 13, 2003, 12:32:04 pm
In case anyone is feeling strong........

The Matrix Bouldering wall will host a bouldering competition on Friday 16th May 1.00pm - 10.00pm (finish). Climbers can turn up at any time after 1.00pm and will have 2.5 hours to attempt 20 problems.

Danny French will oversee the competition and provide scoring information. This competition is open to all climbers. The cost of entry will be £4.

The wall will be available for regular bouldering on Friday, however climbers should be aware that restrictions may apply.

In order to prepare problems for this competition The Matrix will be closed from 4pm on Thursday 15th May until 1pm on Friday 16th May. New problems and holds will be in place from Saturday 17th May

dave

#1 Matrix Bouldering Competition
May 13, 2003, 12:35:39 pm
christ its gonna get hot in there!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Matrix Bouldering Competition
May 21, 2003, 12:14:36 pm
did anyone else go?

I was an absolute punter. On problem 20 there was this cool move right at the end where you had to match this undercut drag, I got into position with my right and got set up, but couldn't leave enough space to catch it with any more than two fingers on my left (injured) hand so I snatched it and did the move but then had to mummify my hand in an attempt to stop the pain.

Good problems. Bouldering guru Al Williams came too.

dave

#3 Matrix Bouldering Competition
May 21, 2003, 12:21:37 pm
I didn't go in the end. Went last night though and some of the problems looked good. I lost about half my bodyweight in sweat though - man it was rabid in there. I don't think it could have been any more moist unless it was actually underwater. They really need to sort some ventilation out, I'm not going again till winter now, or at least till the memory fades to an acceptable level.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#4 Matrix Bouldering Competition
May 21, 2003, 02:34:44 pm
Did you sweat like a P.I.G. dave?

dave

#5 Matrix Bouldering Competition
May 21, 2003, 02:39:43 pm
like  D O G G.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal