UKBouldering.com

Parisella's Cave conditions reports (Read 547629 times)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#800 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 11:03:39 am
We have sacked it for today as Liverpool has ran out of Grit supplies... so it is a bit of an epic to even get us all together in 1 car let alone make our way over to the promised land  :(

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#801 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 11:59:57 am
It's cool here Crouch, we have mountainous reserves in Wirral. You really ought to move to the paradise peninsula as a matter or priority.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#802 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 12:03:19 pm
no 4 wheel drive Johnny? no large cave nearby with loads of quality hard problems to go at?
never mind

Doylo

• forum hero
#803 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 12:06:25 pm
Its honking it down with snow but not sticking yet in the dudno

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#804 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 12:06:50 pm
cave tomorrow then?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#805 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 12:08:58 pm
no 4 wheel drive Johnny? no large cave nearby with loads of quality hard problems to go at?
never mind

No, I'm at work. Had I free time, my 2-wheel drive is more than adequate for getting about in this weather and behaving appropriately - ie winter climbing or snowboarding. If I wanted to hom about in some tops-off, match-to-finish, eliminate bullshit cave scene 'nearby' I'd go to The Works.

Doylo

• forum hero
#806 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 12:12:12 pm
never mind

No, I'm at work. Had I free time, my 2-wheel drive is more than adequate for getting about in this weather and behaving appropriately - ie winter climbing or snowboarding. If I wanted to hom about in some tops-off, match-to-finish, eliminate bullshit cave scene 'nearby' I'd go to The Works.
wouldn't wanna get spanked more like......

Theres only one place to climb today and you still rip into it, are you a climber?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#807 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 12:15:10 pm
Yes, and if I wasn't here at work I'd be heading up Ysgolion Duon. Are you a climber?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#808 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 12:15:51 pm
I'm a boulderer

Doylo

• forum hero
#809 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 12:21:35 pm
There's nowhere else to climb today in Wales but a dry cave with much satisfying technical movement. What is so wrong with this? Why come on this thread ripping into it, i wouldn't go on the Eastern Edges thread and jibe the pebbly rough stuff! We all know you hate limestone, you don't need to keep reminding us

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#810 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 12:54:30 pm
There's nowhere else to climb today in Wales

You need to change either your outlook or your terminology. Some of the best climbing condition for years this week, all over snowdonia right on your doorstep. And you want to go to that shitty cave.

Doylo

• forum hero
#811 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:02:45 pm
This is a rock climbing website, i climb rocks not ice

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#812 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:05:49 pm
This is a rock climbing website, i climb rocks not ice

Perfect timing for this video  :P

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#813 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:08:59 pm
Whilst it's possible to climb extensions and linkups in the cave, I have to say it never feels nor in actuality is eliminate in any sense of the word. In fact, as far from being a seasoned grit campaigner as is possible, does the face of business in the epicenter of gritstone bouldering not have a fair smattering of linkups?

nodder

• obsessive maniac
#814 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:13:25 pm
dont worry doylo, less polish.  yes everybody the cave is shit don't go if your a real climber.   Leave it to the boulderers, after all to be a great boulderer is to be a great climber.  you still gonna like brad pitt when youve buffed it to a shine jonny.  Yep it was mint yesterday couldnt find anyone to boulder with as they were busy doing pull ups on sticks.  It only finishes mathing cos most of us aint good enough to climb the real lines, sad but true, think of it as work in progres.  The best hard problems in the uk are in there and a lot of them aint even been done, link lou ferrino into bonnie, eliminate shit like a climbing wall get a grip.

Doylo

• forum hero
#815 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:16:29 pm
Maybe in 2015 once west side story, deliverance and brad pit are all 8a cos of jonnys polish he might spread his horizons a bit

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#816 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:20:47 pm
What like into other forms of climbing? I think you guys going bouldering in this weather are the ones who want to reconsider your horizons.

Doylo

• forum hero
#817 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:21:36 pm
sorry mr allrounder

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#818 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:22:31 pm
What like into other forms of climbing? I think you guys going bouldering in this weather are the ones who want to reconsider your horizons.

I can't see any horizons, there's too much snow coming down  :P

Doylo

• forum hero
#819 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:33:47 pm

Your just as specific as the next man, or will we be seeing you at Malham/kilsney/LPT this spring when they're in condition?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#820 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:39:10 pm
I did quite a bit of sport climbing in 2009, as well as bouldering, trad, ice, mixed, alpine rock. What's your point?

north_country_boy

• junky
#821 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:40:51 pm

Your just as specific as the next man, or will we be seeing you at Malham/kilsney/LPT this spring when they're in condition?

Too true Doylo.

The fact that you can go out on any given day and lap any number of your show pony problems at the Plantation or Burbage West but yet somehow only managed to RP to the dizzy heights of F7c this year on peak limestone points to someone who is more 'specific' than most who frequent the Cave.

Maybe being stuck in work on such an amazing day for 'climbing' is making you grumpy.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#822 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:46:48 pm
7c+, in two visits. I daresay this might suggest if I applied myself to this part of the climbing game I might get a bigger number, wow. However I'd rather apply myself across the other disciplines which I find so much more fulfilling.

Plus I refer you back to my previous post. Those cave addicts performing at a higher level across the mentioned disciplines are welcome to slate me for having most of the world class problems five minutes from my house wired.

Doylo

• forum hero
#823 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:46:59 pm
I did quite a bit of sport climbing in 2009, as well as bouldering, trad, ice, mixed, alpine rock. What's your point?
I just wondered why when in a phase of sport climbing do you not visit the best cliffs we have to offer (they are world class)? Surely this is no different to me not going ice climbing today.

north_country_boy

• junky
#824 Re: Parisella's Cave conditions reports
January 05, 2010, 01:56:00 pm
7c+, in two visits. I daresay this might suggest if I applied myself to this part of the climbing game I might get a bigger number, wow. However I'd rather apply myself across the other disciplines which I find so much more fulfilling.

Hypocrisy? Surely that is exactly why people are interested in going to the Cave? They find it personally fulfilling, in a similar way to which you find lapping WSS. Stop taking this purist view that every one should be out experiencing the disciplines of the sport YOU find fulfilling.......

This is one big reason I climb, its personal. It means different things to different people. You make your decisions, you shouldnt feel you have to spend your life explaining and justifying them to others. Its usually the people who spend their time criticising others who need to broaded their horizons, and maybe find a focus.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal