UKBouldering.com

Parisella's Cave conditions reports (Read 547669 times)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
good again today

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
no, falling off slapping the good hold on bust lip or lip service (can't rememebr which is which) 3 times  :furious:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
no, falling off slapping the good hold on bust lip or lip service (can't rememebr which is which) 3 times  :furious:

Yeah, bit blind that move!

Kingy

• forum hero

Are you sticking your left foot upside down in the break on Lip Service (the one with the LH gaston/crimp)? This is how I did it and makes it much easier to get your RF out to the polished dink and to then get the lip and slap the higher good hold. Certainly worth a try like this anyway.

If all else fails, I have heard there is a low down LF toehook (ticked up) that makes the move to the lip easier with your RF in the break. Crush it beast!!

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
no, falling off slapping the good hold on bust lip or lip service (can't rememebr which is which) 3 times  :furious:

Now Jim, if you had a copy of the new guide you wouldn't be getting your Bust Lips and Lip Services mixed up would ya?!

(I almost went to the cave last night with a box of guides, but was talked into a session up the Pass instead. Just mail order it http://www.v12outdoor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=75_76_128&products_id=2820&osCsid=1323a70b5b6713055d6a0231e507d45c, I fear we are destined to never be in the same place at the same time.)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
I did stick my Lf upside down in the big hold, 1st go missed slap, 2nd go left foot came out, 3rd go LH greased out, landed flat on my back on the pads (thank god!) bending pritch's glasses and cutting his nose in the process, really tired when you get out on that move

Kingy

• forum hero
Good effort Jim! keep at it, maybe try the toehook way on the warmup? Owen swears it made Lip Service much easier for him. ...and keep stackin those pads, its a long way up there to fall from horizontal!!

Nike Air

• forum abuser
Any body been recently? Is it in good nick?

Cheers

J

Doylo

• forum hero
its dry at the mo, perfect time to crush

account_inactive

• forum hero
Not if you have red tips

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
Excellent conditions today.
Even dobbin opened his account

Doylo

• forum hero
Excellent conditions today.
Even dobbin opened his account

nik at work

• forum hero
Thinking of losing my cave cherry on Saturday afternoon. Anyone care to make a prediction for conditions?
Also if anybody fancies pointing me at things and laughing at my pathetic failure then that would be simply marvelous...

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
Thinking of losing my cave cherry on Saturday afternoon.

You will need a pair of dragons for the cave Nik  ;) Not those baggy verdes! I trust you have bought some now after the not bad dave demo....

nik at work

• forum hero
That was going to be my third question actually. I haven't yet got any Dragons, do I need to make an emergency purchase tomorrow? I do have some new Verdes (but the heel is still shit).
What size were your Dragons Adam because they seemed to be bob on to me? I seem to recall they were UK 7.5...

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
What size were your Dragons Adam because they seemed to be bob on to me? I seem to recall they were UK 7.5...

They were indeed. Good luck!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I got a pair of 9s I won't be using for a while......

ksjs

• menacing presence
very good nick y'day eve - a few weird isolated wet patches. i only say weird because stuff that youd be expect to be damp if there was seepage wasnt

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
What's the current state of play? I'm wondering  specifically about the dryness of Lou Ferrino and the presence of annoying teenage twats.

Ta.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Its not obvious from the Red-end forum whether or not they went in the end. Sounds like Liam was trying to get someone to go with LOL and noone wanted to. LOL. Especially not one chap whose dad is a dick. Lol.

dave

Especially not one chap whose dad is a dick. Lol.

i just found this photo of those guys.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
That post is brilliant.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Was ok today. Bit of seepage i.e. mini water cascade on starting LH hold of Pit of Hell, other than that everything else was unaffected and there was a good breeze coming in at points. Should be fine for tomorrow still.

abarro81

• forum hero
Ah, so that was you.. My mate worked out it probably was in the car on the way back. (I was the tallest of the 3 Sheffielders). Cheers for the unending knowledge!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal