UKBouldering.com

Bruised Heel (Read 2772 times)

Dave Flanagan

• forum abuser
Bruised Heel
May 02, 2006, 11:38:16 am
I bruised my heels at the weekend when a hold broke I landed off balance and more on my heels than toes. The week before I also hurt one of them. In both cases I noticed was that the day after they were fine but the day after that they where very sore, has anyone else experienced this?

Stubbs

#1 Re: Bruised Heel
May 02, 2006, 11:59:07 am
Bruised mine a few times climbing and skateboarding; the soreness seemed to come and go and it took a good couple of weeks before they felt properly 'right' again.  Always seemed to be ok landing on a bouldering mat though.

wannaclimb8a

• regular
#2 Re: Bruised Heel
May 02, 2006, 01:03:29 pm
can be an akward injury!
an old boy i used to work with broke both his heels when he fell off the top of a petrol tanker!apparently they are pretty much the hardest bone in your body to break.
problem with damaging your heel is you tend to wark on your toes all the time then strain your calfs :o

rich

andy higginson

• regular
#3 Re: Bruised Heel
May 02, 2006, 03:34:27 pm
I bruised a heel quite badly a year or so ago missing a mat and landing from a few metres up on some flat rock. Was ok for a day or two but then a few days after I did it it started to hurt so badly that I thought it must be broken and went to get it x-rayed. Wasn't broken but same kind of delayed reaction pain as you're experiencing. Was painful to walk on for a while but got better in a couple of weeks.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#4 Re: Bruised Heel
May 02, 2006, 09:20:49 pm
No, I've never heard of or experienced this personally.

When I hurt my heels - I fuck 'em up good.  Old style.

Sometimes I use a stick.

dr blowfin

#5 Re: Bruised Heel
May 05, 2006, 11:21:02 am
did the same to one of my heels at the roaches once, just missed the pad. Even had it x-rayed as it was so painful. was agony just limping around for a few weeks, but cleared up then.
could still climb though - just make sure you step off carefully Dave!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6 Re: Bruised Heel
May 05, 2006, 12:17:21 pm
I did the same once in the bad ol'd days before mats, down at stone farm. One heel ached for months afterwards, especially in cold weather. I thin they are pretty hard to actually break, I smacked them both on the frame of a trampoline once, tryonh to do a somersault. Swelled like balloons, but X-ray showed no breaks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal