UKBouldering.com

between the rain (Read 2188 times)

tom

between the rain
May 07, 2003, 01:17:05 pm
New video done by mark reeves, shows some of the classic problems in the pass and some of the more obscure stuff about north wales (at least i didn't know where it was) well worth watching! :D

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 between the rain
May 07, 2003, 01:19:07 pm
Do you have a link to any more info?

tom

#2 between the rain
May 07, 2003, 03:02:14 pm
there's just a few places selling it in wales at the moment, should be reviewed in next months mags and then hopefully will become more available. it's not just a bouldering vid though has all sorts on it

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 between the rain
May 08, 2003, 09:57:51 am
Great name for a Wales vid.

Doylo

• forum hero
#4 between the rain
May 08, 2003, 11:00:04 am
I saw it last night, its pretty good, got me physced for some areas in Wales i haven't been yet. Not sure how much i part with to get a copy though.

dave

#6 between the rain
June 23, 2003, 10:24:45 am
Managed to get a watch of this vid over the weekend (Scouse I've got your copy!) so I thought I'd post summert about it on here.

It start off well with the bouldering bit, nice to see some problems I've done, not shot all that well but OK. Even the green heart connection bit wasn't very inspiring (confused by the description of Beaver Cleaver as a french 7b+??) - However its all spoilt by the voiceover, which sounded pretty corny, pretentious and really detractied from the action. And there was far too much of it. Unfortunatley this was a continued theme through the vid, only Pete Robbins' onsight commentary added any value and was worth listening to. The other thing that annoyed me a bit was the sliding fram effect which were overused a bit and just drew your attention away from the climbing. The Grit Ground-up part was dissapointingly short and to be honest didn't show anything unusual. I can't remember much about the other sections other than the poor commentary and the fact I was pressing Fast Forward a lot. The saving grace was the Big Wall bit at the end, which was genuinley interesting, absorbing, well shot and the only bit that really inspired me to go out climbing - this could have been the main selling point of the vid really, it was pretty much excellent, especially considering it was just shot by 2 guys on their own on a big wall. There was some other tit-bits of footage on the end that were alright, including some scrappy cave problem :wink: .

All in all I was dissappointed, certainly wouldn't fork out 20 bar for it, but fair play to them cos making a vid is very difficult, and it did have a great diversity of subject, location and climbers, so is unique in that sense. But I've only watched it once so maby it improves with time - but its no Rampage.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal