UKBouldering.com

Malham Conditions.... (Read 311069 times)

teghead123

• regular
#800 Re: Malham Conditions....
March 14, 2012, 10:14:20 pm
couldnt work out how to upload onto here so heres a link to a pic from today (wed 14th) still suprisingly wet in a lot of places although zoolook was climber and the upper tier looked pretty much bone. should be a good weekend.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150673620268750&set=a.10150673617373750.423715.657993749&type=1&theater

Liam

AJM

• obsessive maniac
#801 Re: Malham Conditions....
March 14, 2012, 11:25:06 pm
Can't see the facebook picture - tells me I don't have permission.

How was the Yosemite Wall area (Space Race in particular, but other stuff is of interest too) or stuff like Something Stupid/7th Aardvark looking? Not local enough to know which bits would still be seeping, so apologies if this is a stupid question and the areas in question are obviously the wettest of the wet.....:)

Thanks,

Andy

csl

• junky
#802 Re: Malham Conditions....
March 14, 2012, 11:29:35 pm
Yosemite wall and space race were both pretty wet. Something Stupid was soaked. Seventh Aardvark was climbable but with a soaking wet (as usual) undercut in the middle.

teghead123

• regular
#803 Re: Malham Conditions....
March 15, 2012, 08:15:22 pm
If you have a FB account, sign in and it'll let you vew it. if not sorry. the above description is bob on anyways, seventh was climeable but something stupid was soaked from about half way up.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#804 Re: Malham Conditions....
March 16, 2012, 04:35:51 pm
Im guessing not too much improvement, has anyone been up today? Thanks.

AJM

• obsessive maniac
#805 Re: Malham Conditions....
March 16, 2012, 09:32:50 pm
Started off utterly gopping but improved quickly and massively over the day.

On the upper tier there were parties on Obsession, Herbie and lowering down to work sections of Unjustified and The Groove. Downstairs people were on Space Race (still some drips from the undercuts though), Seventh Aardvark/Bat Route, Raindogs, Connect 4/5, saw some people on Magnetic Fields although it looked like there might have been some wetness from the ground. Consenting through to Free and even easier dry and getting done.

Didn't see people on them so don't hold me to it but it looked by the end of the day like Rose Coronary, Sycophants and Frankenstein would have been goers, plus maybe other stuff round there. Upstairs NAT, Toad of Beck Hall and the stuff left of Obsession all looked doable although again from the ground rather than from people being on them. Can probably update tomorrow eve too if it helps.

Stevie

• regular
#806 Re: Malham Conditions....
March 19, 2012, 12:56:14 pm
Just wondering if anyone has been to Malham today or yesterday?

thanks

ShortRound

• addict
#807 Re: Malham Conditions....
March 19, 2012, 01:06:49 pm

Almost all dried out on Sunday. Few wet undercuts on the left hand side and usual seepage points but generally pretty decent.

Stevie

• regular
#808 Re: Malham Conditions....
March 19, 2012, 02:31:05 pm
Super.

Thank you

JayJ

• regular
#809 Re: Malham Conditions....
March 21, 2012, 06:56:36 pm
Amazing conditions today, almost everything's dry.
Malham's open for business  :strongbench:

griffer

• regular
#810 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 04, 2012, 08:21:37 am
The guy who lives behind the cove center has had some hassle from people trying to sleep in a silver renault overnight in the car park.

Can we please try to be nice, for a couple of reasons.
1) its a great free place to park in the village
2) the parish council allow climbing at the cove and it would be annoying to piss one off.
3) I just want to go climbing not act as some mediator
its still dry and there is no laying snow.

elliepygall

#811 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 04, 2012, 01:51:15 pm
Hello...

So sorry, that was us - but bit of a misunderstanding - we weren't intending on staying in the car park! We'd just got back from the pub when he came and spoke to us, and were leaving anyway...

Thought we were polite, tried to make it clear we didn't intend to stay - didn't mean to piss anyone off.

Cheers

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#812 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 05, 2012, 08:09:59 am
The guy who lives behind the cove center has had some hassle from people trying to sleep in a silver renault overnight in the car park.
Can we please try to be nice, for a couple of reasons.
1) its a great free place to park in the village
2) the parish council allow climbing at the cove and it would be annoying to piss one off.
3) I just want to go climbing not act as some mediator
:agree:

I usually try and park in one of the official places, if there is room, so that the dude's back yard contains one fewer battered climber's car.

TobyD

• forum hero
#813 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 06, 2012, 11:15:24 pm
As of today (Friday) the crag was chilly and had bits and bobs of snow about on the top, but was mostly fairly dry, although seepage (runoff? hard to tell) was increasing through the day. undercuts of Yosemite Wall starting to weep quite a bit of water.
Unless there is a decent amount of sun soon, it'll probably be pretty damp for a few days.

The beck went from non existent just below the crag to non crossable without wellies in the time i was there, though that often bears little relation to the seepage in my experience, there must be quite a lot of wet up there somewhere...

TobyD

• forum hero
#814 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 08, 2012, 09:37:21 am
It was better yesterday, though not great conditions, much more pleasant with the odd bit of sun.  Quite a bit of water around the Oak etc area, which did not receed in the day, other than that stuff stayed about the same - no particular drying or further wetting.

However, looking at the current wind / fog / humidity readings on here, and the met office NP report, sounds like it may be back to drizzly spooge today, would be interested if it is otherwise from anyone who has been today?

csl

• junky
#815 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 08, 2012, 06:56:42 pm
Anyone been at Malham today? Just wondering how the left hand side is looking, particularly Space Race.

SiH

#816 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 09, 2012, 07:39:06 pm
The catwalk was mostly dry today despite it pissing down all day.  Yosemite Wall was climbable, as was Tremelo despite a couple of wet holds. All the shorter routes were dry, but looked pretty wet over the roof.

Pretty cold though.

D a n

#817 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 12, 2012, 09:18:01 am
Anyone know how things are looking after the last few days, especially around space race & the general yosemite wall area? Looking to head up on Saturday

Cheers!

Stabbsy

• junky
#818 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 12, 2012, 09:53:49 am
Anyone know how things are looking after the last few days, especially around space race & the general yosemite wall area? Looking to head up on Saturday

Cheers!

Same question from me, I'd be interested in how the upstairs routes are looking as well - Herbie, Serious Young Toads, L'Obsession? Looks to be the likely venue this weekend if I can tempt people out from over here.

dod

#819 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 12, 2012, 11:48:54 am
and if anyone noticed wether austrian oak was dry that would be great, cheers

etjoset

• addict
  • Twiddle that knob
#820 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 13, 2012, 10:15:30 pm
Friday 13th:

Seepage on all routes between Overnight and Cry Freedom. None in a climbable state.
Predator to Baboo have minor wet streaks but are workable.
Seepage on all routes between New Dawn and Yosemite Wall.
Almost everything right of Overnight dry.
Upstairs nearly all looked dry though I didn't venture up for a close look; a couple of teams were up there.
Variable wet streaks on the super routes above the roof.

csl

• junky
#821 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 14, 2012, 08:41:26 pm
Did it dry up at all today? Was forecast sun...

dunnyg

• forum hero
#822 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 21, 2012, 10:32:34 pm
anyone been there? hows it doing (general easyish stuff preferably)

Nike Air

• forum abuser
#823 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 21, 2012, 10:40:32 pm
anyone been there? hows it doing (general easyish stuff preferably)
I looked like alot of the easier things on the right were dry. Sure there will be enough for a days climbing.

dunnyg

• forum hero
#824 Re: Malham Conditions....
April 21, 2012, 10:55:47 pm
cheers :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal