UKBouldering.com

recovery/typing (Read 2124 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
recovery/typing
March 31, 2006, 11:32:20 am
How long do people take to recover? I did some weights last night (pulldowns, dips, tricep press, shoulder raise/press) and my left forearm is still pumped to fuck this morning. Obviously I don't expect to have fully recovered but its horrible I have loads to write today and I can barely type as a result. Is this related? I spend a lot of time at a PC and am often really tight in my forearms even when I haven't climbed. Anyone else get this/have any tips for avoiding/easing?

LongMonkey

• player
#1 recovery/typing
March 31, 2006, 01:45:14 pm
Andy, check this site out. It's helped me with my elbow problems. The book's well worth getting too.

http://www.egoscue.com/htdocs/gethelp.asp

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#2 Re: recovery/typing
March 31, 2006, 02:11:26 pm
Quote from: "andy popp"
How long do people take to recover? I did some weights last night (pulldowns, dips, tricep press, shoulder raise/press) and my left forearm is still pumped to fuck this morning. Obviously I don't expect to have fully recovered but its horrible I have loads to write today and I can barely type as a result. Is this related? I spend a lot of time at a PC and am often really tight in my forearms even when I haven't climbed. Anyone else get this/have any tips for avoiding/easing?

Sounds like your keyboard and work posture might need attention Andy.  I spend a lot of time in different offices and places working on laptops and it's only recently that I've had an ergonomic assessment as I've been spending lots of time in one place.  I was really surprised by how badly I was doing things and then also pleased with the difference to my shoulders and back once I'd made some small changes to my posture and position at work...

erm, sam

• forum hero
#3 Re: recovery/typing
April 25, 2006, 02:36:58 pm
Talking about recovery and typing. I am a designer, I use a mac and apart from typing emails my left had is used a great deal for pressing alt and shift. I Because of the width of the keyboard (eg it is narrower than my shoulders) I always use the outside of my left ring finger tip to do the shift button. This is keeping going or creating a niggle in the outside of my first joint. It is sensitive to lateral pressure.
I could move my key board way over left so I could use the centre of the finger pad to pres the shift key, but then typign would be an arse.
I am going to speak to IT and see if they have any superwide keyboards, but I doubt it.
Anybody else noticed exacerbations like this. Any ideas?
Einstein here has just realised I could try using the alt and shift at the other side of the keyboard with my left hand for a week, to see if that makes a difference...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 Re: recovery/typing
April 25, 2006, 02:39:02 pm
Cant' you get ergonimic "S" shaped keyborads, that are meant to be better for your hands?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal