UKBouldering.com

The Weekend (Read 4598 times)

james

• obsessive maniac
The Weekend
October 14, 2002, 04:18:53 pm
Is any one up for bouldering this weekend.  I am hapy to go any where just as long as it is outside.
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 The Weekend
October 14, 2002, 05:14:26 pm
Should be out Sat, dunno where, depends on the weather and what everyone wants to do. I'd be happy to just do lots of easy stuff as I'm trying to haul myself out of a week of flu.

james

• obsessive maniac
#2 The Weekend
October 14, 2002, 07:19:14 pm
Hi Mike,
What about Wharncliffe.  It looks realy nice in the article.  Is it close to Sheffield.  What do you and the others think.  I realy fancy looking at that mystical off-width. :lol:
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 The Weekend
October 14, 2002, 08:13:23 pm
If the weather's up for it, then that'd be fine by me...

dave

#4 The Weekend
October 15, 2002, 11:49:27 am
I am, in thoery at least, up for dropping one on tha wharncliffe scene.

The problem with looking for the off-width thing is that its not really anywhere near the bouldering, its in the route bit of crag, and theres no really convenient way of linking the two without walking miles, and then you might not even be able to find it.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 The Weekend
October 15, 2002, 12:01:19 pm
I'm not to arsed about the Offwidth - it sounds far too hard - I need to learn offwidth technique on easy ones, not one of the hardest about.  

Might have a tramp about though as Jon F reckoned there was still a fair bit of easier stuff to be done on the "upper tier" which I've never been to.

Dragon's Den is great anyway and will keep me busy for a day. Depends on weather I s'pose as it can get veeery green up there.

Having said all this, we'll probably just be un-original and go to Yorkshire.

james

• obsessive maniac
#6 The Weekend
October 15, 2002, 12:52:24 pm
I didnt know the off-width was that far away from the bouldering.  I am not that bothered anymore.  If you get out to wharncliffe or yorkshire will there be room for me in the car.  I can get to the station as early as you like.  
Cheers

James

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal