UKBouldering.com

Windows update without using Internet Explorer (Read 2619 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
For those that Firefox and/or those who have a less than honest copy of windows, check out the following excellent site:

http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/

JR

• forum abuser
Quote from: "Bubba"
For those that Firefox and/or those who have a less than honest copy of windows, check out the following excellent site:

http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/

a mate of mine who ive mentioned on other threads who's in prison has a very easy method of getting round WGA anyway... you just need to change a reg key then it works for all updates including optional and driver updates without checking anything even after the latest WGA redefence which stops you blocking the activex script.

Just create the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ext\CLSID\{17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700}

with the value 0 then you can disable the WGA activex script and jobs a good'un

He's a clever boy... wasted in prison!  :wink:

i was a little dubious of the privacy issues on the site you quoted bubba allowing registry scans and the like from a site youve only heard of on the passing wind...  prob ok though, noit like MS are any better.

underground

• forum hero
Anyone have a jailbird mate with a way to turn off the 'you're running counterfeit software' blue star on xp?

JR

• forum abuser
yeah, my mate in jail cracked it staright away...

first do this:

1. Launch Windows Explorer and go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Windows Genuine Advantage\data
   2. Go to Tools -> Folder Option -> View.
   3. Select (click) Show Hidden Files and Folders option.
   4. Unselect (uncheck) Hide Protected Operating System Files option.
   5. Click OK.
   6. Delete everything in the data folder.
   7. Right click on data folder, and select Properties.
   8. Select (Check) Read-Only as the folder's atributes.
   9. Click OK or Apply
   10. Restart

then go here

http://www.9down.com/downloads.php?fileid=319

and download and follow the instructions, then restart twice, hey presto...

if it doesnt work then pm me and i can probably help.

underground

• forum hero
As luck would have it, I went on a conjugal visit today and was able to pass on your instructions mouth to mouth...

My mate's parole officer called earlier to tell me it was a complete success. Big Cedric wants to meet you when he gets out JR.....

JR

• forum abuser
word

complete windows update through IE was available with that fix too, however folsom just called to say WGA has changed again and may not work anymore.  They say they are working on it and will report back in due course.

JR

• forum abuser
just had a call to say theyve managed to sort windows update out if anyone is having any issues and needs help, especially as with the new fix you have to backtrack some of the old ones to get it to work.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal