UKBouldering.com

ulnar nerve (Read 2161 times)

crello

ulnar nerve
February 28, 2006, 02:32:24 pm
Anyone had problems with their Ulnar nerve flicking over the inside of the elbow? I've had problems with mine for about 18months and it doesn't allow me to train more than twice a week, otherwise it'll swell up. Have been to see a few doctors and physiz but all of them have never seen anything like it. would like to fix this problem away from the operation table... cheers

LongMonkey

• player
#1 ulnar nerve
February 28, 2006, 04:16:52 pm
It might be worth having a read through this thread:

http://ukbouldering.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4879

Although it doesn't deal with your problem specifically it does discuss the inside of the elbow and might give you some ideas/pointers. All the best.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 ulnar nerve
February 28, 2006, 04:26:31 pm
Doesn't the ulnar nerve pass through a anatomical tube within the elbow called the cubital tunnel? I had some elbow pain which I thought might be due to inflamation of the nerve where it passes through the canal, but it went away of it's own accord eventually.

7lbs overweight

#3 Re: ulnar nerve
March 07, 2006, 09:09:56 pm
Quote from: "crello"
Anyone had problems with their Ulnar nerve flicking over the inside of the elbow? I've had problems with mine for about 18months and it doesn't allow me to train more than twice a week, otherwise it'll swell up. Have been to see a few doctors and physiz but all of them have never seen anything like it. would like to fix this problem away from the operation table... cheers

That's a tricky one.  Flicking Ulnar nerve is not uncommon, I have one, but not automatically the source of pain.  I've had inner elbow pain but the medical consensus was that it probably nothing to do with the nerve.  The nerve continued to flick even when the pain was better.

You could try some strapping tight from the olecranon (boney point on the tip of the elbow) to the medial epicondyle (boney point on the inside of the elbow).  Apply this with your elbow straight and the ulnar nerve will be in the groove between the olecranon and med. epicondyle.  The strapping might keep it there.

John Cooke

• menacing presence
#4 ulnar nerve
March 21, 2006, 10:34:12 am
Hi Chris, hope you had a good trip and got home safely.

There's a good resource on shoulder, elbow and hand/finger injuries here although you'll have to either translate the pages (right click translate Page into english) and try to make sense of it or get someone who speaks German to translate it!

http://www.turntillburn.ch/ttbs/en/med/ellbow.htm

John.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal