UKBouldering.com

Peter Kay (Read 4120 times)

dave

Peter Kay
October 14, 2002, 10:06:20 am
I was lucky enough to manage to get hold of tickets to see Peter Kay at the city hall on saturday night. Just wondering if anyone else was there from ukb??

It was a fucking riot - absolutely superb. Hope he brings a video out of this tour. If anyone cam get returned tickets for the december dates at the city hall i would thougherly recomend going. £15 well spent.

Shabba.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Peter Kay
October 14, 2002, 10:21:31 am
I think I need to watch more tv - I've only ever heard of Mr Kay recently and have never even seen the lad in action. I think Underground has some videos which I may have to borrow and check out, as lots of people really rate the man.

My dad was up this weekend, so I didn't do much apart from eat and sit about nattering. Did go to see an excellent film, "L'Espagnola" which is an Australian film set in the Spanish immigrant community of the 60's. Horrifically dark and depressing but done in a real slapstic way, so it was sort of half sad and half hilarious at the same time. Recommended.

dave

#2 Peter Kay
October 14, 2002, 10:28:29 am
Don't you mean your "pa"? sounds more inbred.

Also last night i went to see the scimitars play at queens road - what a game. They beat whitley bay 8-4 - that certainly shut-up the geordie mouth behing us. Also good to see laser les millie drop the gloves - go on son.

The real test:, does anyone know what i am on about?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Peter Kay
October 14, 2002, 10:43:59 am
yeah, I'm gettin' all these hi-falutin' ways now I live in the big city - forgetting my hick roots! Ma Pa brought me some fresh dungerees though, so I feel better now - get some odd looks at work mind.

I believe you are talking about that nasty, violent game where people skate about with big sticks?

dave

#4 Peter Kay
October 14, 2002, 12:53:05 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
I believe you are talking about that nasty, violent game where people skate about with big sticks?

Damn rite!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Peter Kay
October 14, 2002, 01:59:41 pm
Oww, bet that smarted  :!:

Anonymous

#6 Peter Kay
October 17, 2002, 09:13:53 pm
I saw him do a gig in Liverpool about 2 years ago. Well, he was the compere for a comedy night. Funny as fuck!
Both myself and the wife ended up on stage on different occasions for some Yes-no question competition that I was too pissed to understand. In the end I won some free beer, even though I didn't know what I was doing.
Cracking night out.

Cheers, Simon.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal