UKBouldering.com

Which bolt ons? (Read 2386 times)

nik at work

• forum hero
Which bolt ons?
February 09, 2006, 01:38:35 pm
Well after mustering up the energy to build the mother of all campus boards I now have the enthusiasm to contemplate building a woody. I am already the proud owner of some hand carved wooden holds but fancy some resin bolt-ons. So any recommendations from the great and good of UKB based on the following criteria:

1) I want some small holds for small crimps/slopy crimps, some tiny wee itsy bitsy holds for feet (probably screw ons) and some bigger slopy things.
2) I do not want any huge jugs or big incut holds.
3) I want a reasonably fine texture (sandpaper rather than gritsone effect) but that will resisit clogging for more than two attempts (bearing in mind I am a sweaty chalk monster). I don't mind cleaning holds, or more precisely the dishwasher doesn't mind cleaning holds.
4) Long shot this but I have a vast number of 8mm T-nuts (rather than the usual 10mm) from a previous construction project. Does anybody make holds that use 8mm nuts rather than 10mm?
5) Oh yeah I'd like them to be priced at around the £10 for a thousand holds mark (incl fixings), or as close as possible.

Over to you experts....

Yossarian

• forum hero
#1 Which bolt ons?
February 09, 2006, 02:08:18 pm
holdz holds are my favourite resin ones. lots of nice slopey shapes. however, i reckon their screw-ons are a bit big for using as footholds. i'm thinking i might start using solely wooden footholds as they seem to less fraglile than little resin ones.

nik at work

• forum hero
#2 Which bolt ons?
February 09, 2006, 02:35:04 pm
Cheers styler, I'll check them out.

P.S. I haven't forgotten your request regarding consumed, I just have no idea who has my copy. However I have retained the services of the finest sleuth in West Yorkshire so it should only be a matter of time before the culprit is revealed...

account_inactive

• forum hero
#3 Which bolt ons?
February 09, 2006, 03:20:50 pm
Check out bleaustone.com for some interesting holds.  Same texture as Holdz and Danny Frenchs ones (wonder why  :roll: )

Most hold companies only work with 10mm (12mm drilled hole) T-nuts, so unless you can get hold of some 1988 PME holds you might be out of luck

D

Scouse D

• forum hero
#4 Which bolt ons?
February 09, 2006, 03:43:09 pm
Word http://www.bleaustone.com is well wicked

Yossarian

• forum hero
#5 Which bolt ons?
February 09, 2006, 05:55:56 pm
no probs.

you haven't got any old gravestones you could chop up and drill holes in? i guess it would be quite tricky when you're giving someone beta.

"ok, you start with your left hand on edwin willard born 1878 died 1932 and your right hand on the dearly missed virginia petersen RIP...."

dave

#6 Which bolt ons?
February 09, 2006, 06:24:14 pm
Quote from: "Dylan"
Check out bleaustone.com for some interesting holds.  Same texture as Holdz and Danny Frenchs ones (wonder why  :roll: )

bleaustone holds are the bomb, and note they have a nicer finer texture than the holdz and frenchrock ones. They are carved from a finer grade of foam to my knowledge. they certianly feel a shit load finer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal