UKBouldering.com

My edit is digi... (Read 2962 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
My edit is digi...
January 22, 2006, 05:51:22 pm
yo, word up from the mean streets of the east end. Pound your bananas, two pound ya pair.

So, not I gots the lapdogg flava up in the crib, can anyone recommend a not-too-complex dv editing programme that I might be able to "acquire" for, say, free?

Mad props in advance, and Bubba, feel free to move this if it should be in photography!

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#1 Re: My edit is digi...
January 23, 2006, 11:14:05 am
Quote from: "tommytwotone"
can anyone recommend a not-too-complex dv editing programme that I might be able to "acquire" for, say, free?

MS Movie Maker 2 may be basic but it does edit DV, its free and its dead easy to use. The closest thing on a PC to iMovie (but still not a patch on iMovie  :( )

For a small amount of cash...

Pinnacle is available in several versions from £50.

Adobe Premiere Elements 2 is available with Photoshop Elements 4 for £80 (or £50 on its own or even cheaper if your a student etc) all of which are good. Alternatively you can 'acquire' the full version of Premiere etc but I wouldn't say any of the pro level suites are 'not too complex'.

You'll learn MS Movie Maker in 10mins, to get reasonable on Premiere Pro could take days if not weeks.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
#2 My edit is digi...
January 23, 2006, 12:30:38 pm
thanks Obi, much appreciated. Just want to knock together some random footage I've been collecting over the last year or so and add a bit of music so I'll give the MS package a shot for starters.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#3 My edit is digi...
January 23, 2006, 12:50:06 pm
No probs TTT, forgot to say, if you have WinXP Service Pack 2 installed you'll probably have MS Movie Maker 2 installed already. Look under 'All Programs'-'Accessories'. Check it is version 2.1 (under the 'help' about...) cos its more stable than earlier versions. Still worth noting remember to save regularly, it has been known to crash from time to time.  :roll:

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
#4 My edit is digi...
January 24, 2006, 10:35:42 am
Does anyone have a copy of Premiere Elements they'd be willing to sell? Had a play with it yesterday and really liked it...

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#5 My edit is digi...
February 10, 2006, 06:39:47 pm
ive got premiere 6.5, premiere pro 7 and premiere pro 1.5, and also photoshop 7, 8 and 9. ill send you one or all of them if you let me know which and give me an address. simes303@hotmail.com

tommytwotone

• forum hero
#6 My edit is digi...
March 08, 2006, 12:52:05 pm
alright, have got my editing flow down and am getting to the point where I'm nearly done, however:

just realised me mates lapdogg ain't got a DVD writer

my camcorder ain't "DV in"ed

so, I'm gonna have to look into an alternative way of giving the homies the 411 on my flavaz. So, how does hosting work word? Where do I get me some free space and ting?

Also - following Obi's post I used MS Moviemaker, which seems like I'm gonna end up with an WMV file if I'm right?

Is that a bad thing, I noticed the beardown posse's vidz be all Quicktime and ting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal