UKBouldering.com

Quality chuffing videos... (Read 1149473 times)

JackAus

• junky
#2575 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
April 20, 2016, 12:55:45 pm
Old but gold.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#2576 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
April 20, 2016, 01:12:25 pm
Old but gold.

The best climbing clip

"I'm the fucking best!"

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#2577 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
April 20, 2016, 04:56:41 pm

Duma

• forum hero
#2578 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
April 22, 2016, 08:36:26 pm
Have we had this?

http://tv.thebmc.co.uk/videos/mina-meets-godzilla/

some great footage of the crux sequence

Duma

• forum hero
#2579 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
April 22, 2016, 08:52:34 pm
Old but gold.

Oh my god, I had somehow missed this. Fucking amazing!

bendavison

• obsessive maniac

Doylo

• forum hero
#2581 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
April 22, 2016, 10:41:26 pm
Mega footage that. Think Barrows is trying this now. Looks scary..

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2582 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
April 26, 2016, 12:19:49 pm

Wood FT

• forum hero
#2583 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 08, 2016, 08:40:40 am

really good footage, ball achingly pretentious narration, Jesus. I saw a flat-peak cap in near the start and saw all I needed to see.

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
#2584 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 08, 2016, 12:38:22 pm
ball achingly pretentious narration, Jesus.

:wank:

T_B

• forum hero
#2585 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 08, 2016, 05:34:21 pm
What a brilliant, honest little film. The narrative totally chimed with me. Guy, I don't think you actually know what pretentious means!? Either that or you failed to see two guys in the middle of nowhere on a massive, loose big wall.

andy popp

• forum hero
#2586 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 09, 2016, 07:00:24 am
What a brilliant, honest little film. The narrative totally chimed with me. Guy, I don't think you actually know what pretentious means!? Either that or you failed to see two guys in the middle of nowhere on a massive, loose big wall.

I'm totally with T_B on this one - I think its refreshing to see someone talking openly about their doubts and fears, not wanting to be there, being scared (and yes, of course people have done that before). We do this incredible activity that can bring huge rewards and massive psychological pressures, all set in some of the most beautiful places in the world, but, hey, let's not talk about any of the emotions that might provoke in case we come off as whiney or pretentious.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#2587 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 09, 2016, 07:49:22 am

Course I do Tom but fair enough, I couldn't get past the tone, you could and had a better experience for it.

I'm totally with T_B on this one - I think its refreshing to see someone talking openly about their doubts and fears, not wanting to be there, being scared (and yes, of course people have done that before). We do this incredible activity that can bring huge rewards and massive psychological pressures, all set in some of the most beautiful places in the world, but, hey, let's not talk about any of the emotions that might provoke in case we come off as whiney or pretentious.

It would have been great to have that message resonate like it has with you but the style of narration popped any bubble that was being built up, doesn't that ever happen to you?

andy popp

• forum hero
#2588 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 09, 2016, 08:00:57 am
Of course, not everything works for everyone. Apologies if my post looked like an attack Guy. Perhaps I was a little intemperate (and have already been puntered for my troubles) but I was feeling frustrated or irked or something that the makers seemed to be getting put down in a way I didn't think they deserved. Being unashamedly pretentious, pretension isn't a word I like very much; I'm not saying its what you were trying to do, but its often you used to close down discussions or to ridicule.

And if I'm honest I still don't really get it about the tone, which seems pretty straightforward and unadorned. But as we've said, we all react to things differently.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#2589 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 09, 2016, 08:52:38 am
Of course, not everything works for everyone. Apologies if my post looked like an attack Guy. Perhaps I was a little intemperate (and have already been puntered for my troubles) but I was feeling frustrated or irked or something that the makers seemed to be getting put down in a way I didn't think they deserved. Being unashamedly pretentious, pretension isn't a word I like very much; I'm not saying its what you were trying to do, but its often you used to close down discussions or to ridicule.

And if I'm honest I still don't really get it about the tone, which seems pretty straightforward and unadorned. But as we've said, we all react to things differently.

I understand, and you're right it was just a drive-by post of opinion that didn't lend itself to further conversation, I should've used a different/more words. That said, I don't think I can describe the tone thing, maybe it's cultural and you've had more experience of America to hear it as genuine and unadorned (great word)

Duma

• forum hero
#2590 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 09, 2016, 09:03:01 am
Perhaps I was a little intemperate (and have already been puntered for my troubles).

You weren't, and Habrich puntering you (snide? wtf?) was bullshit.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2591 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 09, 2016, 11:03:37 am
+1. I see no snideness. If anything habrich should be puntered for his "irritating and whiney" comment.

Duncan campbell

• junky
#2592 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 09, 2016, 12:56:43 pm
Wow. I never bothered watching that when it popped up on social media but I thought it was really good. Some of the shots were beautiful and the honesty was touching.

Glad Dave made a full recovery. Stuff of nightmares that.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#2593 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 09, 2016, 01:43:16 pm
I can see both sides. Yeah, it's nice to see a film look at the side of things we don't often hear about, but they were a bit annoying. Plus a feeling that having had a bit of a mediocre trip they got back to stonerhipsterville and realised they could recoup by making a like, sensitive, honest film about it. Dude.

Which broaches the same issue as the climbing today thread: we're more accustomed to films celebrating excellence, but increasingly we're getting everyman stuff. We're used to watching this stuff for simple inspiration, not to confront awkward questions about how much we'd actually enjoy realising our dreams...

But I'm a born cynic, the good outweighed the bad for me, I'm sure we'd get on if we shared a basecamp. Plus as I get older I'm increasingly impressed by anyone actually finishing anything creative. Whether the content is right for me at this point in my life is a secondary concern.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2594 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 09, 2016, 02:01:16 pm
Plus as I get older I'm increasingly impressed by anyone actually finishing anything creative.

Sounds about right.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Duncan campbell

• junky
#2596 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 10, 2016, 09:37:38 am
Yeah amazing how he just seems to float up almost effortlessly. His pacing is bang on as well he flows through all the sequences quick enough to not lose momentum but not so quick that he loses accuracy. Was expecting to switch it off after 30 secs but was too mesmerised!

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#2597 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 10, 2016, 10:24:40 am
Amazing stuff that footage of Megos. In case you can't tell how hard it is here's Sharma making it look decidedly more tricky.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

csl

• junky
#2598 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 10, 2016, 10:33:54 am
I was thinking of the exact same video - comparing with Megos on the section from the left hand mono onwards, absolutely paths it!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#2599 Re: Quality chuffing videos...
May 10, 2016, 12:17:21 pm
Looked like he went over to a different hold to me, as if Sharma was still trying a duff sequence in that film.

Still, Megos was certainly moving better than he did at Stanage.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal