UKBouldering.com

Jetpack at Froggatt (Read 2927 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
Jetpack at Froggatt
April 09, 2003, 05:47:10 pm
After a day poking round at froggatt i came accross a problem that had obviously been done but I had no info on it.  So I checked the database right here on ukbouldering and apparently this problem is a v9 called Jetpack and was done back in 1996.  I got on it and could hardly even launch off the starting holds.  I had guessed it was around v9+/10 but after  a few attempts i was not even getting close.  The two sidepulls you are supposed to use.... there was certainly a good one for your left, but the one for your right was hardly a sidepull, more a slopy crimp.  

If anyone has done this problem recently then post here!  I just want to know if it really is sick hard or maybe the sidepull for your right fell off, OR i am just too weak!  

Cheers.

uptown

• junky
#1 Jetpack at Froggatt
April 09, 2003, 08:33:26 pm
It's probably the same - I remember the boy being particularly strong that year :shock:

dave

#2 Jetpack at Froggatt
April 10, 2003, 08:49:10 am
I belive scouse and some others went out to look at this last night and Jim flashed it apparently.

Scouse D

• forum hero
#3 Jetpack at Froggatt
April 10, 2003, 10:47:24 am
Jim flashed it with gay abandon,didn't even make a slapping sound!After ~5 goes I got the ledge but not good enough-wasn't warmed up though(excuses!). The two other guys we were with could hardly pull off the floor though and they ain't shit.
Don't know if I rate it as a good problem though as its actually easier to slap out left to a crimp then again with L hand to the lip (L of the proper finishing jug)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#4 Jetpack at Froggatt
April 10, 2003, 12:20:08 pm
WOW! I am so impressed that it got flashed!  Surely though you can't do it by going to that next crimp then to the jug.  It's just from the big chalked up left hand hold to the top!  It was so huge, but in a bizzarre way.  normally i am quite good at dyno's, but the fact you had to launch at some insane angle made it nigh on impossible for me!

Do you know anything about that traverse of that whole block that is chalked up? Name/grade/FA?  

Cheers

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#5 Jetpack at Froggatt
April 11, 2003, 11:14:16 am
I had heard rumour that it had been climbed and claimed a couple of years after I did it using a crimpy alternative sequence, must try it that way sometime. In retrospect I think its more like V8+ rather than V9. Nothing has snapped of, the right sidepall was always pants!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#6 Jetpack at Froggatt
April 11, 2003, 11:21:17 am
Ok, I've updated the grade to be V8+

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#7 Jetpack at Froggatt
April 11, 2003, 11:28:12 am