UKBouldering.com

Games, games, games (Read 278057 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#250 Re: Games, games, games
November 21, 2008, 12:58:47 am
We should have a UKB team if there isn't one already.
It'd be good to have a Horde team - i've got to level 45/50 once when we by luck got a good team that communicated well.

You may have issues playing with Europeans from Australia though, just because of the horrible latency you'll get from that far away....I know this is an issue in Halo.

Paul B

• forum hero
#251 Re: Games, games, games
November 21, 2008, 01:31:22 am
I've been asked if its something i'd like for Xmas...

The problem is I never seem to take Halo out of the machine so its likely to just go on the shelf unless it really is THAT good.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#252 Re: Games, games, games
November 21, 2008, 02:54:10 am

Well I never removed H3 from my box until I got this :)

I don't think it's as skillful as Halo but the Horde mode is superb and the campaign is nice too. The graphics are much better than Halo and it just makes a nice change. I think you'd like it but probably go back to Halo after a while. That said, it's not left my box since I got it...

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#253 Re: Games, games, games
November 21, 2008, 04:22:37 am
True.

Average net speeds here are pretty damn fast tho. I would hope in something like Horde Mode (which sounds awesome) that if there is a slight lag it shouldn't be to much of a handicap against bots.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#254 Re: Games, games, games
November 21, 2008, 01:46:32 pm

It's not a question of speed, it's latency from whoever the host is. But yeah, it would be much less important in Horde than against other players.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#255 Re: Games, games, games
November 21, 2008, 03:45:40 pm
Just ordered Shaun White snowboarding and a Wii Fit board! Suggested it as a family present for Xmas and Mrs Obi thought it was a great idea!  :kiss1:

Ordered it from Argos, but something odd is going on with the price of Wii Fit, all year they have been £70, now they have shot up to £100 in all stores! Cheeky fuckers. The worse is Argos which still lists it on its own as £70 but is always out of stock, but bundled with a £25 game it is £115!  :-\ The link to the £70 'accidentaly' directs you to a duvet.  Suspicious. :spank:

Still managed to get free delivery (with code 'AFD10'), and they are bound to be sold out for Xmas soon.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#256 Re: Games, games, games
November 21, 2008, 06:51:57 pm
Does the duvet look any good?

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#257 Re: Games, games, games
November 28, 2008, 06:42:14 pm
OK, Xmas has come early... Xbox has just arriver from Amazon, Flat screen from IT247.com, 1 day after the order. I was waiting for them to arrive before I tie everything together with cable. Now, Monitor has female VGA input only and no speakers. XBox has A(for me) either Triple A/V pins or scart adapter. See my problem? Should I just get the MS VGA adaptor as my Stereo has the old 2 pin red/white input? Or what? Is there another canny way? I have no telly, by the way.

squeek

• junky
#258 Re: Games, games, games
December 02, 2008, 12:41:57 pm
OK, Xmas has come early... Xbox has just arriver from Amazon, Flat screen from IT247.com, 1 day after the order. I was waiting for them to arrive before I tie everything together with cable. Now, Monitor has female VGA input only and no speakers. XBox has A(for me) either Triple A/V pins or scart adapter. See my problem? Should I just get the MS VGA adaptor as my Stereo has the old 2 pin red/white input? Or what? Is there another canny way? I have no telly, by the way.

xbox or xbox 360? If this is an xbox 360, then the only way to get HD video is to use a VGA cable, component cables or if you have an Elite HDMI.  So in your case you should probably get the vga to get a better resolution anyway, then attach the cables to your speakers.  The vga cables aren't very much here, I ordered some things from there before and had no problems:

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.608~search.360%20vga

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#259 Re: Games, games, games
December 02, 2008, 12:50:24 pm
Just ordered Shaun White snowboarding and a Wii Fit board! Suggested it as a family present for Xmas and Mrs Obi thought it was a great idea!  :kiss1:

Ordered it from Argos, but something odd is going on with the price of Wii Fit, all year they have been £70, now they have shot up to £100 in all stores! Cheeky fuckers. The worse is Argos which still lists it on its own as £70 but is always out of stock, but bundled with a £25 game it is £115!  :-\ The link to the £70 'accidentaly' directs you to a duvet.  Suspicious. :spank:

Still managed to get free delivery (with code 'AFD10'), and they are bound to be sold out for Xmas soon.

We are getting a Wii for xmas, so got a wii fit in anticpation (got it as a bundle with family ski, which you can also play with the fit), and getting SW Snowboarding as well. There has been a real shortage on the fit, so we got it asap.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#260 Re: Games, games, games
December 13, 2008, 05:16:36 pm
Ah, while we're on the Wii...punter question, sorry:

Have bought my Mum a Wii (on her request I might add) for Xmas, got the Wii Sports package with an extra controller - just wondering if there's owt else she'll need to get it going on the day? I'm assuming that it's got all the TV interconnects in it, it's stuff like AA batteries and shit I was worried about.

Cheers muchly in advance Nintendo owners...

squeek

• junky
#261 Re: Games, games, games
December 13, 2008, 05:25:08 pm
Ah, while we're on the Wii...punter question, sorry:

Have bought my Mum a Wii (on her request I might add) for Xmas, got the Wii Sports package with an extra controller - just wondering if there's owt else she'll need to get it going on the day? I'm assuming that it's got all the TV interconnects in it, it's stuff like AA batteries and shit I was worried about.

Cheers muchly in advance Nintendo owners...

When you say extra controller, do you mean extra wiimote, or extra wiimote and nunchuck?  If you don't have two sets of wiimote+nunchuck (you get one set of both with the wii) you can't play two player boxing on wiisports.  All batteries and cables come in the box.  You can use a better quality component cable for the video if the tv supports it, but you have to buy it separately and it isn't necessary.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#262 Re: Games, games, games
December 13, 2008, 05:56:17 pm
It's an extra Wiimote (i.e. no nunchuck) but I'm sure that'll be fine...I'll let her know when I give it her.

Cheers ft' knowledge!

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#263 Re: Games, games, games
January 02, 2009, 07:04:31 am
One week of real flu  =  level 10 on fallout3. This masterstroke of RPG meets gorefest with total open world structure and reasonable quest variety is the game of 08 for me. I'm not a rpg fan per se, but this offering from Bethesada studios is the best gaming experience i've had on the ps3. That includes cod4, lara, resistance et al... I'd suggest only the hankerings for another Hitman would better this...

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#264 Re: Games, games, games
January 08, 2009, 02:16:12 pm
Does anyone else think the guy who says "Resident Evil 4" when the game starts loading sounds like Trigger from Only fools and horses?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#265 Re: Games, games, games
January 08, 2009, 02:35:56 pm

How you enjoying it? I'm really enjoying the Snowboarding, just need to set sensitivity up right for each event. Also gout Guitar Hero III which I am terrible at but getting better. Struggling with continual tempo change on QOTSA 3s AND 7s.

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#266 Re: Games, games, games
January 12, 2009, 10:30:02 pm
Got a Wii for Christmas can anyone recommend some good games please.  :thumbsup:

Paul B

• forum hero
#267 Re: Games, games, games
January 12, 2009, 10:41:40 pm
Halo 3, you'll need a 360.
Sorry...

I played on gears of war 2 for a fair bit before surrendering it to my g/f's brother for christmas. He was quite shocked when I kicked his ass on return from Font on multiplayer. It's a good game but can't keep my attention the same way as halo 3. Campaign mode was good with two people but still...

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#268 Re: Games, games, games
January 12, 2009, 11:20:00 pm
PC owners, you need this in your life.

When you've got it, search for Shambler and add me as a friend. Then we shoot zombies, ya?

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#269 Re: Games, games, games
January 12, 2009, 11:30:28 pm
 I hear this game is outstanding Fiend, shame I can't play. Is it not limited by only having 4 'levels'? And are they planning on releasing more? Available for 360 too.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#270 Re: Games, games, games
January 12, 2009, 11:44:46 pm
It has 4 campaigns, each with 4 or 5 levels (I forget which), so 16-20 normal FPS size levels. However the monster placement and sometimes item placement changes each time (possibly dynamically), so there's so freshness there. Plus skill levels are reasonably challenging.

I find it quite replayable because it's simple, effect, stylishly done and atmospheric zombie fun AND most importantly it is proper true full on CO-OP, which is cool.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#271 Re: Games, games, games
January 13, 2009, 02:52:47 pm
I shall be picking my copy up tomorrow for usage on Saturday night in a Travelodge near Heathrow....and COD5, both for co-op fun. Tommy has big plans for us on Sat/Sun at W/Way but he'd better get the meat of it in on Saturday 'cos I imagine I'll be in Zombie state come Sunday morn.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#272 Re: Games, games, games
January 13, 2009, 03:38:17 pm
Got a Wii for Christmas can anyone recommend some good games please.  :thumbsup:

Depends what you want. Mario Galaxy looks amazing, but not played it. Loving Shaun White snowboard, but would be crap without Balanceboard. Guitar hero is good fun. There are assorted silly party games, depends what you like; mario Karts, mario and sonic olympics, etc etc.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal