UKBouldering.com

Games, games, games (Read 278192 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#150 Re: Games, games, games
May 04, 2008, 05:10:19 pm
Faustin's still alive, gonna take him asap i hope.. i'm in the process of killing his daughters boyfriend at the mo... having a mare on a motorbike  :'(

before killing vlad i didnt kill the hit he ordered, i'm hoping that will come back to aid me in missions to come..

god, faustin's got it coming... he's just got me to kill dimitri's cousin for no reason (apart from his coke and vodka pyschosis that is)

getting $890 for stealing a motorbike was nice, got full armour, 300 uzi shells, 2 fast cars and $2000 left!!

yet to date michelle for the 3 rd time... she's not one for the late night call...

BTW, the ps3 mulitplayer is also shagged  :'(
not had a game yet!!

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#151 Re: Games, games, games
May 07, 2008, 10:54:19 pm
Jeez three leaf clover is intense :'(

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#152 Re: Games, games, games
May 08, 2008, 01:02:11 pm
still not killed the biker  :'(

new plan is not to chase too hard, go after him in a car, let all bikers go to park,stop car, hide behind car & take them out in controlled behind cover  manner, driving into them is  a mare and i'm not fast enough on the bike to kill him when he's on his own...

also, in reality:

the weather's great and i'm actually doing some regular exercise - damn. no time!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#153 Re: Games, games, games
May 08, 2008, 04:00:43 pm

Three Leaf Clover is hard, but the rewards are very very worth seeing it through :)

I'm at 47% now - huge game!

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#154 Re: Games, games, games
May 09, 2008, 01:03:20 am

Three Leaf Clover is hard, but the rewards are very very worth seeing it through :)

I'm at 47% now - huge game!
Ur not kidding about the rewards :)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#155 Re: Games, games, games
May 09, 2008, 09:04:11 pm
miles behind you  :'( went on today, got the mission 1st go.... saved again to do it daylight!... BIG difference, and i got to have it with the girlfriend... not bad me thinks...

found extra shotgun ammo in stripclub, but alledgelly on xbox this is a walk in and then out and then back in again way of upping your shotgun ammo, the ps3 only lets you have 16 slugs  :'(

just got patch for the online, should actually work now  :wall:

i'll have a go tomorrow!

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#156 Re: Games, games, games
May 10, 2008, 11:05:13 pm
Do you think patches are the way forward for consoles now their permanently plugged into the interweb? PC owners have been putting up with this shit for years, it's a fucking scandal. They've managed to release fully working games for years on consoles, now it looks like they don't have to.

squeek

• junky
#157 Re: Games, games, games
May 12, 2008, 12:24:52 pm
Do you think patches are the way forward for consoles now their permanently plugged into the interweb? PC owners have been putting up with this shit for years, it's a fucking scandal. They've managed to release fully working games for years on consoles, now it looks like they don't have to.

I don't think it's the right way to go.  Big release:  magazines give massive marks because they don't have time to actually play all the functionality before the review is published, especially online, then release a patch to fix all the online problems.  I'd rather they were released later and be right, but once the hype train gets going with the marketing then they're getting pushed to get it out when that's peaking.

I'm never really in a rush to play games the minute they come out anyway, I've still got loads of games to play through.

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#158 Re: Games, games, games
June 02, 2008, 09:54:23 am
GTA IV is a disappointing empty game it just made me want to play San Andreas again for all the things it lacked, So many things were taken out of this game; car customization, working out, flying planes, base jumping, weapon skills, gambling, buying property....that's just to name a few, and they really haven't been replaced by anything either. This makes the game feel empty compared to it's predecessors and often leaves me struggling to find things to do when free-roaming. Amazing graphics though.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#159 Re: Games, games, games
June 02, 2008, 10:05:32 am

Yeah, once you've finished the "story" there is little incentive to keep playing. I suspect that multiplayer is supposed to fill that gap, but it's not really grabbed me that much...i'll give it another go sometime but for now it's Halo 3 again for me.

Paul B

• forum hero
#160 Re: Games, games, games
June 02, 2008, 12:36:31 pm
Well I was given PGR4 about 3 weeks ago now and i'm pretty disappointed with it, the demo seemed really good and the arcade mode is however the multi player is absolutely toss due to the narrow tracks, it might as well be some variation of Burnout for all the racing that goes on. A bit of a shame.
Halo 3 for me as well...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#161 Re: Games, games, games
June 02, 2008, 12:53:28 pm
GTA IV is a disappointing empty game it just made me want to play San Andreas again for all the things it lacked, So many things were taken out of this game; car customization, working out, flying planes, base jumping, weapon skills, gambling, buying property....that's just to name a few, and they really haven't been replaced by anything either. This makes the game feel empty compared to it's predecessors and often leaves me struggling to find things to do when free-roaming. Amazing graphics though.

Interestingly I agree.

I'm still a way off the end.... and i enjoy it immensely. The driving is easier, the shooting way better, none (or few) of those well annoying Timed missions.

But there are in fact only 2 mission types... and I was expecting some sort of scarface empire building type of concept... seems a bit of an *assassins creed*, i.e: what there is awesome, but there could have been so much more.

I have to say that i've played all the other levels I can to get away from gunning down bikers in the subway.. the mission's still there and the having to drive there, fail, get back there scenario is really starting to grind.. A complaint mentioned in the reviews is no quick start to the missions once failed... I agree. I've only noticed it now cos I've hardly failed on a mission before.

I tried the online for 30 mins... bloody hard unless you know the map inside out etc... i'll see if there are some less frantic parts to it... but the deathmatch didnt seem that good to me. A group of mates online with speech would be cool for the cops / robbers.. not tried it yet

Online for me I think will be back to CoD4 once the single player is finished.

I wonder if the choices you make on who lives  / dies during the game actually make a difference??? So far I've followed the maxim of *honour amongst theives* I'll read the spoilers once i've finished!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#162 Re: Games, games, games
June 05, 2008, 05:11:00 pm
Saint's Row 2 trailer takes the piss out of GTA IV

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#163 Re: Games, games, games
June 05, 2008, 05:19:10 pm
now, that's gonna be mine!!!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#164 Re: Games, games, games
June 11, 2008, 02:45:36 pm
Just a heads up for the gamers in case you miss it. Put a post in the For Sale/Wanted forum asking after Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on Gamecube. Let me know if anyone fancies selling.

milksnake

• menacing presence
#165 Re: Games, games, games
July 10, 2008, 03:33:51 pm
I've been playing medieval total war 2 quite a lot. It's good but the campaigns a bit long winded. still cant beat the frenchies at agincourt though.
other than that the doom trilogy gets my vote, number 4 is on the way

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#166 Re: Games, games, games
July 15, 2008, 06:55:01 pm

I don't think it's the right way to go.  Big release:  magazines give massive marks because they don't have time to actually play all the functionality before the review is published, especially online, then release a patch to fix all the online problems.  I'd rather they were released later and be right, but once the hype train gets going with the marketing then they're getting pushed to get it out when that's peaking.

I'm never really in a rush to play games the minute they come out anyway, I've still got loads of games to play through.

I concur. It is bollox. Is PC gaming the prime industry where you're expected to pay for an unfinished product and then later download additional material to get it to work?? Thankfully I seem to not have too many problems with games but even so the "rush it out and fix it later" policy takes the piss a bit.

On the subject of much needed patches though, I'm totally addicted to Gothic 3. For all it's bugginess and crappy combat it is the most convincing, involved and atmospheric portrayal of a fantasy universe I've seen yet :)

Oh and I just got Gears Of War for some light relief. You console kiddies will know this one already of course...

Paul B

• forum hero
#167 Re: Games, games, games
July 15, 2008, 07:16:46 pm
Gears of War - lost interest in that pretty quickly.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#168 Re: Games, games, games
July 15, 2008, 07:22:27 pm

Paul - did you watch that H3 film I sent ya? Mental skillz.

Plattsy

• forum hero
#169 Re: Games, games, games
August 21, 2008, 03:45:33 pm
Played a downloaded version of 1942 (looks like an upgraded version of the original) on my mates Xbox360 last night. Only got about 6 levels but it is really intense on the lowest skill setting of 5 (God knows what 5 is like). Good fun for a fiver and provides a pretty good bogging of the eyes* factor.

* severe lack of blinking due to game intensity causing extreme drying of the eyes.

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#170 Re: Games, games, games
August 21, 2008, 06:40:34 pm
I think the same team have done an updated version of Commando aswell, also on Live. It comes recommended.

MB

• regular
#171 Re: Games, games, games
August 22, 2008, 12:17:53 pm
I downloaded a demo from xbox live called Schizoid the other day. Even the demo is pretty good especially in the Uberschizoid mode. The idea control a blue ship with left stick, a red ship with the right and avoid touching any enemies which are not the colour of your ship. Sounds simple, it's not!

Well worth checking out the demo at least.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#172 Re: Games, games, games
August 22, 2008, 04:00:59 pm
Gears of War - lost interest in that pretty quickly.

Me too - during the first level actually. The control system feels crap.

Stubbs

#173 Re: Games, games, games
August 22, 2008, 05:58:30 pm
Persevere for a little while - the control style comes into its own as the game gets harder and you get used to it - running or jumping between cover whilst avoiding fire is awesome.  I actually prefer the Gears control style to the Halo one.

milksnake

• menacing presence
#174 Re: Games, games, games
September 06, 2008, 05:57:28 am
has anyone else been playing eve online? started my 14 day free trial yesterday and I have to admit at the moment I'm hooked, it's such a fucked up game. you can do pretty much anything you want to, be a miner/ pirate/ merc/ trader/ the only worry I have is that  it is going to demand too much more of time than i am prepared to give. tonight I didn't get to thr pub untill gone ten because I had to complete a mission before I could dock and log off (it is 100% real time so cant leave the game when you want to, you have to complete the mission you accepted and dock before  you can log off, if you leave your ship in space some cunt will kill you before you log on again)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal