UKBouldering.com

Games, games, games (Read 278110 times)

lizzy

• player
#100 Re: Games, games, games
March 08, 2008, 07:41:09 am
To lift your spirits, a blast from the past if you want it: http://www.frankklepacki.com/

It's got all the music from the Command and Conquer games.

Hell March. Need I say more?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#101 Re: Games, games, games
March 08, 2008, 09:13:38 pm

Aye, it is pretty depressing sometimes - I just report all racists after the game; i've given up trying to talk sense to them. Enough reports and people get banned. I also report all racist gamertags and use the "avoid player" feature so i don't have to play with them again.

i have yet to experience this on ps online gaming, thank god.

I'm currently a little bemused by unreal 3, could be incredible online, i'm getting confused with the speech - if fully supported then the tactics element raises it up to the good and the great... i cant find a way of talking freely to others as yet... this will lower the game by a saddening degree.

my loathing of MS isnt the corporate thing, although the control they have over the global economy and the workings of governments is a bit scary... it's the degradable OS and general software glitchyness that pisses me off. Nothing's perfect, but you get the feeling that QC isnt on the MS agenda.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#102 Re: Games, games, games
March 09, 2008, 01:54:39 pm
At university I was basically hooked to Streetfighter EX+2 alpha

Here's version IV (I don't game now, but this still looks great.)

Ken vs Zangief (always had the hardest special moves to master did Zangief)

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#103 Re: Games, games, games
March 09, 2008, 04:01:28 pm
lizzy is bang on with the death march knowledge have a wad point :thumbsup:

lizzy

• player
#104 Re: Games, games, games
March 09, 2008, 08:16:56 pm
Haha cheers Moo. "Blow it up" is good too.

Ah I miss my days of Red Alert...

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#105 Re: Games, games, games
March 10, 2008, 11:46:15 am
http://www.hallpass.com/media/supercrazyguitarmaniacdeluxe2.html

Done all the songs in amateur and got perfect. Got a perfect on the second song in the pro section too but cant even touch the rest.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#106 Re: Games, games, games
April 18, 2008, 05:42:00 pm
I've just joined the 8 million other saddos in the world that have pre-ordered GTA IV, looks more involving and less rampage type gameplay.... the on line team battles look top notch... though i've yet to fathom out what the co-op modes will be (i'm hoping for a lot here, it's a game style I love on line  - such as Ghost recon team co-op)

Might even get the game in the 1st tranche  :'(  it's massively hyped and over subscribed, as the PS3 online is currently swamped - and now not working (no CoD 4 for me then this evening  :'(), and i've noted Xbox live has the same occasional block it seems the ISPs that bargained on us all getting BBand for just a bit of surfing and email will have to pull their socks up.. on line gaming is a massive phemomenon!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#107 Re: Games, games, games
April 18, 2008, 05:58:04 pm

The multiplayer in GTA IV is looking great - i'll definitely be getting it unless the reviews are dire.

Otherwise i'm still plugging away on H3 - have got to skill level 46 out of 50 now so getting there....

Paul B

• forum hero
#108 Re: Games, games, games
April 18, 2008, 06:06:05 pm
My birthday is coming up so I really shouldn't but i'm heavily tempted to purchase COD4... PGR4 demo is also pretty good, love how they've managed to deal with wet surfaces etc. very good.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#109 Re: Games, games, games
April 18, 2008, 06:27:54 pm

If you're going to get one recent game then I'd get GTA IV - the single player will be virtually un-finishable and the multi is looking shit hot.

No reviews yet, apart from one 100% one but take a look at these:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/865/865088p1.html

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/855/855555p1.html

All of the GTA games have been amazing, even the first top down one, but with multiplayer it's going to be sick as fuck.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#110 Re: Games, games, games
April 18, 2008, 07:22:06 pm
I'm a bit of a late comer to this whole gaming lark, my Wii is my first and only console, but I'm currently HUGELY impressed with Mariokart which I got on the day it came out. It's so playable it stupid, the whole wiimote as wheel thing works so well you won't believe it. Mariokart DD on the gamecube is one of the few games I'd played quite a bit (on my brothers GC) and this is just as good. Shame it doesn't seem to have the team (2 on 2) options of DD but the whole online thing is great. Been whipping some euros but careful of those Japs, they are just too good. Also got that No More Heros thing, but although it probably lives up to the good reviews its gets, not really my bag, wiping out bad guys got kinda tedious after a while and doesn't make me laugh out loud like Mariokart does.  :thumbsup: I'm currently planning on getting two more Wiimotes so we can have four player projector sessions at certain forthcoming events,  ;)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#111 Re: Games, games, games
April 18, 2008, 07:29:22 pm

I must get a Wii.

I love gaming - my view is that it's better than watching telly. I don't watch TV at all these days.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#112 Re: Games, games, games
April 18, 2008, 08:14:29 pm
i got a wii on launch... easy to get - not extra cost shite

it's simply ace....

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#113 Re: Games, games, games
April 18, 2008, 08:33:34 pm

I love gaming - my view is that it's better than watching telly. I don't watch TV at all these days.

I completely agree, it really pisses me off when people whinge about games being a waste of time, whilst keeping one eye on Eastbenders, or any other generic crap.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#114 Re: Games, games, games
April 19, 2008, 04:35:08 am

Exactly - they're interactive and can be immensely skilful.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#115 Re: Games, games, games
April 19, 2008, 08:09:24 pm

I completely agree, it really pisses me off when people whinge about games being a waste of time, whilst keeping one eye on Eastbenders, or any other generic crap.

Word

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#116 Re: Games, games, games
April 19, 2008, 11:49:44 pm
Not sure if this has been mentioned... but... well... it's free:

Track Mania

Woohoo! I worked out how to do the hyperlink thingy so it doesn't just print the URL!  :beer1: makes it harder!

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#117 Re: Games, games, games
April 20, 2008, 02:11:48 pm
Good find Drew, just wasted a afternoon on this.

Paul B

• forum hero
#118 Re: Games, games, games
April 22, 2008, 11:11:16 pm
well on the way through town I thought I might try and buy COD4 whilst trading in Assassins Creed. I did neither as they offered me £6 for AC then wanted £42 for a second hand copy of COD4, the game of the year edition only costs £3 more new. Madness but I guess thats how they make money.
:thumbsdown:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#119 Re: Games, games, games
April 23, 2008, 05:11:00 am

Where's that? Gamestation seem to give the best money back.

Paul B

• forum hero
#120 Re: Games, games, games
April 23, 2008, 09:08:20 am
Game

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#121 Re: Games, games, games
April 23, 2008, 12:51:00 pm

Yeah, Game are always shite for trade-ins.

squeek

• junky
#122 Re: Games, games, games
April 23, 2008, 01:00:07 pm
I'm a bit of a late comer to this whole gaming lark, my Wii is my first and only console, but I'm currently HUGELY impressed with Mariokart which I got on the day it came out. It's so playable it stupid, the whole wiimote as wheel thing works so well you won't believe it. Mariokart DD on the gamecube is one of the few games I'd played quite a bit (on my brothers GC) and this is just as good. Shame it doesn't seem to have the team (2 on 2) options of DD but the whole online thing is great. Been whipping some euros but careful of those Japs, they are just too good

Mario Galaxy is very good if you haven't got it already, no multiplayer (really), but a superbly thought out game, especially in level design.

PM me your Mario Kart Wii friend code if you want to add me.  Then we can race against each others time trail ghosts.  I'm spending so much time trying to beat my friends so I can send him my ghost to beat back.  I've still got a lot of unlocking to do too, 6 characters?  Maybe more.

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#123 Re: Games, games, games
April 23, 2008, 04:33:50 pm
Have you played Mariokart online, I hear the singleplayer part is pretty poor.

squeek

• junky
#124 Re: Games, games, games
April 23, 2008, 05:05:59 pm
Have you played Mariokart online, I hear the singleplayer part is pretty poor.

I've completed all the cups on 50cc and 100cc, but yet to do any more on single player, but that must add up to 10 hours or so.

I've played quite a bit of the online, not really any battles as that mode doesn't seem to click with me like the rest.

I've read the good reviews and the bad reviews.  most of the bad reviews seem to be of a non-online enabled review DVD which to be honest is poor, and they shouldn't be putting a review up when they haven't actually tested a large section of the game.

The single player is sometimes appears unfair and frustrating, but is very good fun and I've enjoyed playing it so far and don't see why not.  I like the fact that you've never won until you've crossed the finishing line, and the fact that if you're quite far behind you've always got the chance of catching up.

It's one of those games that most people will buy and enjoy a lot, but will never get a lot of critical acclaim.  Reading the Edge magazine review it sounds like they wanted it to be more like a realistic racing game, whereas it's actually just a hectic and fun racing game.  You always have the time trial modes to do perfect laps without getting hit anyway, and you compare yourself to your friends and the rest of the world on that.

Being able to play 2 player splitscreen online is good too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal