UKBouldering.com

Pof for sale! (Read 6148 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 11:31:54 am
Sheffielders amongst you may have noticed the signs announcing the new Decathlon store near safeways on the ring road. Before you get excited about cheap boots, apparently they will be stocking their full climbing range as in france, which of course will include pof. I think the advantages of stocking up before you go to france might be outweighed by the disadvantages of it being freely available to any dick without a clue. On the subject- hands up those who've seen Jerry & friends poffing grit? I think its time for a name and shame before they ruin any more problems.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 11:35:40 am
Quote from: "Johnny Brown"
On the subject- hands up those who've seen Jerry & friends poffing grit? I think its time for a name and shame before they ruin any more problems.

Isn't this just a rumour?

John Welford was accused of poffing the other day on Planet Fear and I know for a fact that he uses a chalk rag that looks identical to a pof rag.

dave

#2 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 11:41:33 am
I would be surprised if they sell resin, didn't they do this in the Nottingham branch and everyone complained so they took it off the shelf?

Dave Flanagan

• forum abuser
#3 Re: Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 11:42:53 am
Sheffielders amongst you may have noticed the signs announcing the new Decathlon store near safeways on the ring road. Before you get excited about cheap boots, apparently they will be stocking their full climbing range as in france, which of course will include pof. I think the advantages of stocking up before you go to france might be outweighed by the disadvantages of it being freely available to any dick without a clue. On the subject- hands up those who've seen Jerry & friends poffing grit? I think its time for a name and shame before they ruin any more problems.

If I rember correctly a few years ago another UK shop started selling Pof but was quickly discouraged (do a search on RT). I personally think its too much of a temptation - also a lot of people don't now what it is let alone what damage it does - witness the amount of 'whats pof?' question on RT every time its mentioned.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 12:06:28 pm
Personally I've only seen them carrying pof, however several friends have seen them using it. Obviously it is in their interest to deny it but I think Jerry's opinion (as with bolts) is that only people operating at the same level are able to form an opinion. If you know what pof looks like it is easy to spot - try minus ten, absolutely plastered. Apparently the smiling wall project has been knackered due to the amount used. Its also obvious on Brad Pit and The Joker.
Unfortunately my friends are too well known to openly state they use it - who will the mags believe? Is it worth ruining a friendship?

underground

• forum hero
#5 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 12:07:43 pm
Leave it to me, gang- I'll slope over there at lunchtime and investigate, and if the rumours turn out to be true i will stock up and then use whatever means necessary to force the manager to remove the stock from the shelves.....

If they're selling Ron Hills, I'll kick their asses over that too.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#6 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 12:14:14 pm
Unfortunately my friends are too well known to openly state they use it - who will the mags believe? Is it worth ruining a friendship?

I suppose you can't have it both ways - name and shame or your mates could have a quiet word with them.

Personally I'm surprised that people like Jerry, who are so well known would blatantly use pof. Having said that, I'm not surprised at it's use at minus ten, as that place is past polished anyway now.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#7 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 12:24:36 pm
They pof in the notts branch around a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!
As for jerry and ben...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

james

• obsessive maniac
#8 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 12:59:22 pm
They were seen pofing 8ball and full power when they were projects, and not just from a distance.  Once they had gone, you could see it on the holds.
Cheers

James

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#9 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 01:09:15 pm
oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh deeeeaaaaaarrrr
hornets nest being opened right now...............
hey bubba,  when does it get liabellous?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#10 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 01:14:44 pm
Well it's not the first time this subject has been raised on climbing forums, but as far as I'm concerned it's all hearsay until someone gets photos / video and can actually tell that it's pof and not chalk.

You know as well as I do how the climbing rumour machine works!

underground

• forum hero
#11 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 01:34:18 pm
Well, I just went to Decathlon and took a boxing glove down and boxed the security guard and screamed 'where's yer f**king pof'. He didn't know what pof was, so I went buck wild, tipping displays over and chucking rock boots about. They didn't have any. I thought I'd better leave at that point.... :oops:

Seriously though, I didn't find any, just a chalk bag with the name 'pof sac magique' or some such franconom.

It's a huge place though- loads of reasonably cheap stuff, even horse riding gear...

I bought myself a pair of skin tight lycra shorts :roll:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#12 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 01:40:45 pm
Nice one geeza, that'll learn the froggy pof-peddling scum!!

Quote from: "underground"
I bought myself a pair of skin tight lycra shorts :roll:

Oh god no! Please, tell me this is a joke.....please!

underground

• forum hero
#13 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 02:18:52 pm
Unfortunately of course, it being lunchtime all the frogs were half cut on Le Vin, asleep in the back or loitering outside. The porr old security guard was just a simple, Sheffield soul doing his job.

Oh god no! Please, tell me this is a joke.....please!

Well, Bubbsy, I didn't think i'd pull off the skin thight lycra dungarees quite as well as you!  :shock:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#14 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 02:38:19 pm
I'm sorry to be dreadfully thick chaps - where might one find this 'Decathlon' store? I wish to order some 'Pof' for my forthcoming televised ascent of Cresent Arete (F9a).

Its Fcuking crap here. Someone offer me a job. In sheffield. I'll do owt.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#15 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 03:50:08 pm
Quote from: "underground"
Well, Bubbsy, I didn't think i'd pull off the skin thight lycra dungarees quite as well as you!  :shock:

You know you luv em  :wink:

Actually, my cycling dungaree things are ace - the number of women who stare at me packet makes me swell with pride !  (fnarr!)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#16 Pof for sale!
April 09, 2003, 03:55:20 pm
Quote from: "dobbin"
where might one find this 'Decathlon' store?

Down by Staples down bottom of t'Moor....

underground

• forum hero
#17 Pof for sale!
April 10, 2003, 09:28:35 pm
Down by Staples down bottom of t'Moor....

Not gonna be popular with the shoplifting, filthy, moronic scum that pollute the Moor at all then.....

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#18 Pof for sale!
April 11, 2003, 08:42:31 am
You work for EDS???

underground

• forum hero
#19 Pof for sale!
April 11, 2003, 09:36:41 am
Not anymore- I used to till I was usurped by a bloke called Mike Jordan. Still, I'll be spending my 32 million on rock boots and bouldering pads and going to the plantation every day.

I sold my house in Plano and bought a nice 2 bed terrace at Walkley- that's in Sheafield, Eng-land....

Regards,

Richard H. Brown (retired)

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#20 Pof for sale!
April 11, 2003, 09:39:51 am
Hehe nice to see Dick is cranking about.

Craggers (at bloody work)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#21 Pof for sale!
April 11, 2003, 09:40:06 am
Heh, heh, I hear a rumble  :wink:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal