UKBouldering.com

Strong matlock youth! (Read 2570 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Strong matlock youth!
April 08, 2003, 09:42:49 am
James- is it true you did who needs ready brek recently? Heard a rumour yesterday. Fuckin fine effort and full respect! :rocker2:  On a similar vein, when did justin reclimb Ultimate sculpture? Top end 7b anyone!! :shock:
And hot off the press- Sam Whittaker did Scoop de grace yesterday whilst I watched with a fucked knee. So we expect a parade of you heading up to 'the pits' to try one of the most classic grit highballs of the eighties.

james

• obsessive maniac
#1 Strong matlock youth!
April 08, 2003, 01:04:46 pm
Yep, I repeated it in early march.  It is soooo good but realy crimpy.
Justin has not re-climbed Ultimate Sculpture.  It was just a rumour.
Ultimate Sculpture is amazing :lol: .  I have done it in a 1er on a slack ab-rope from a foot off the floor.  I just need a few spotters and i'll go for it on the lead.  I have only climbed a few 7a's and so dont realy know what 7b would feel like.  It is by far the hardest thing I have ever done.  It is certainly alot harder than Angels Share.  There is one hard move on Angels whereas there is a series of 15 hard moves on Ultimate with a slight rest in the middle.
I might go and try it on Thursday.  I would welcome any spotters.  Can I get your mobile number.  Mine is 07833 508 296.  Give me a ring and I'll grab your number.
Cheers

James

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#2 Strong matlock youth!
April 09, 2003, 11:26:03 am
Sorry, James, but I'm awaiting a knee op so I'm not even any use as a spotter. You might see me out with the camera though - are you driving yet?

Avoiding the Traitor

• forum abuser
#3 Strong matlock youth!
April 09, 2003, 12:08:50 pm
Well I'm from Matlock area too but ain't that strong lad actually  :roll:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Strong matlock youth!
April 09, 2003, 12:15:15 pm
I can't wait to see James' Font tick list when he gets back....

james

• obsessive maniac
#5 Strong matlock youth!
April 09, 2003, 12:52:45 pm
Oh no, how did you hurt your knee?  Hope your better soon.  
I'd be well chuffed if you could take some pickies.  Not driving yet, failed one test in march.  I was a bit pissed off to say the least :evil: .
I dont know about big numbers in font.  I have heard it is realy stiff.  I want to tick Eclipse, I hope its not to warm.
Cheers

James

dave

#6 Strong matlock youth!
April 09, 2003, 01:12:27 pm
Where eclipse is (autre toit) is a proper suntrap. Was way too warm when i was there last sunday week. You might get lucky though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal