UKBouldering.com

Car crashes (Read 754 times)

runt

• obsessive maniac
Car crashes
September 10, 2005, 07:27:01 pm
Just to make my weekend some random berk in a people carrier thought he was banger racing and crunched my bumper, then drove off :roll: . To make it worse I was a bit slow giving chase and lost him ( I know weak excuse), so have no details. What's the score with insurance companies and no fault claims like this? If I tell them will I lose no claims? Or do I legally need to let them know if I get it fixed myself?

Cheers

And if anyone sees a red kiddy wagon with a load of green paint down the front, please explain that it's not the best plan to use the outside of a roundabout to get all the way round, then nut him, prat

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Car crashes
September 10, 2005, 07:46:35 pm
Quote from: "runt"
What's the score with insurance companies and no fault claims like this?

Since you don't have the other parties insurance details, it'll come from your insurance.

If I tell them will I lose no claims?

Yes.

Or do I legally need to let them know if I get it fixed myself?

No.

Get it fixed yourself if there's not much damage. If there is significant damage, and you have fully comp. then claim but you'll lose your NCB.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#2 Car crashes
September 10, 2005, 11:24:37 pm
Yeah no point claiming when you consider the cost of repair vs having to pay xs, loss of ncd (if not protected) and your insurance going up because you've claimed.

runt

• obsessive maniac
#3 Car crashes
September 11, 2005, 12:20:10 pm
Thanks guys, off to the body shop again then. Maybe a chance to paint it puke yellow or something

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal