• LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Tralenta
September 09, 2005, 02:30:47 pm

Some photos:

http://www.freestone.fr/icones/Album/Lalbum.html

Topo:

http://www.freestone.fr/Topo/Topo_Tralenta_Total_V1_2.pdf

http://www.freestone.fr/Francais/News/News_Bloc.html

Just up the road from Briancon, in Bonneval-sur-arc (down the road from val d'Isere and les arcs) Nice area. Beautiful little village. Boulders along a valley, and sometimes by the river. Climbable in summer as it's nice and high. We were there in august and had a small amount of rain, but mostly sunshine and often cool breezes. Lots of the boulders are on top of each other (it's a boulderfield on a boulderfield on a boulderfield) so lots of mats and spotters are a plus, though there are problems with perfect landings.

So has anyone else been here? And does anyone know what the problem down at the far end near the bridge is? It's an overhanging arete with a hard move to pinch and fall into the arete, which becomes a protruding flake... My favourite problem in tralenta - I'd love to have a name and a grade.

zemike

• regular
#1 Tralenta
September 12, 2005, 09:28:14 am
was there 3 weeks ago, blue skies, sunshine, 1700m asl... nice place!!
had only 1 pad so i was focussed on the first 2 sectors with good landings.
i also liked the area at the bridge, but have no idea about the grades..couldn't do the arete (first guess with sweaty palms after lunch was 7c...traverse and sitter to the left felt 6b/c-ish, the direct sitter right to the arete looked desperate; also liked the boulder down the stream withe the huge flake and the traverse.
some guidebook said the upper sectors are new and topos could be loaded from freestone.fr, but i havent found any add-ons there. maybe theres a webmaster to help out...

Dr T

• forum hero
#2 Re: Tralenta
December 18, 2012, 12:55:51 pm
Thought I'd resurrect this as I've just bumped into a neighbor who apparently has an apartment in Les Arcs...

unfortunately the topo links don't seem to work anymore... and google hasn't come up with much other than some enticing videos.

Don't suppose anyone's got a working link (or even a pdf) they'd care to share?
 :please:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3 Re: Tralenta
December 18, 2012, 01:13:12 pm
Thought I'd resurrect this as I've just bumped into a neighbor who apparently has an apartment in Les Arcs...

unfortunately the topo links don't seem to work anymore... and google hasn't come up with much other than some enticing videos.

Don't suppose anyone's got a working link (or even a pdf) they'd care to share?
 :please:

Its in www.archive.org

EDIT : And its now mirrored on the UKB Wiki : Venues - France
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:20:11 pm by slackline »

Dr T

• forum hero
#4 Re: Tralenta
December 18, 2012, 01:58:33 pm
 :bow: :2thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal