UKBouldering.com

Marilyn Monroe and JFK (North Wales) (Read 1859 times)

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
Marilyn Monroe and JFK (North Wales)
March 27, 2003, 09:09:26 pm
I went to the milestone butress boulder field today, we did the 5c slab and pit arete - both very good.

We tried to find JFK but without success :( Can anyone whose done it tell me what it looks like? We did find a boulder with two slopey traverses on it, is this it? Also where does Marilyn Monroe start and is there a trick to it?

Cheers

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#1 Marilyn Monroe and JFK (North Wales)
March 28, 2003, 01:41:17 pm
JFK is kind of hidden in a pit, about 40 metres left of Harvey Oswald. It's pretty minor really and probably V2.

MM starts with both hands on the back shelf. Some unscrupulous folk have moved a block on this shelf to make the first lurch into the roof easier. Next time I go I'm going to remove the block completely.

There are 2 methods going into the pocket in the roof with either hand.
Its pretty obvious really.

Cheers, Simon.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#2 Marilyn Monroe and JFK (North Wales)
March 28, 2003, 04:52:42 pm
Thanks Simon. What confused me is there is chalk at the right hand end of that shelf as well. Is there a definite date for the new guide yet?

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#3 Marilyn Monroe and JFK (North Wales)
March 29, 2003, 08:52:32 pm
There is another V5 (called Bombshell) that follows the right lip of the roof, topping out just right of the arete.

Realistically the guide will come out in about 8 weeks time, leaving me 4 weeks to nail all the loose ends and a month printing lead time. I keep thinking I'm there, but then another techy production problems rears up.

Sorry for the wait.

Cheers, Simon.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal