UKBouldering.com

Frozen on the point of collapse... (Read 4325 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Frozen on the point of collapse...
August 18, 2005, 08:47:09 am
Reckon I'm headed in a WCJ Cornice direction this evening. Thing is, it goes dark well early now (about 9pm) and there's a walk, plus - I can't/won't get there before 6pm at the earliest, so with a warm up at Rubbercon, is it worth it?

Then, thinking on - with all those trees right behind it, it'll seem darker than it is earlier! I could go on Caviar instead I suppose. But the routes at WCJ Cornice are sooooo good!

dave

#1 Frozen on the point of collapse...
August 18, 2005, 08:53:06 am
if you get there at 6, take half an hour to warm up and walk to crag,, its gonna be pretty dark there come 8/half 8, gives you about 1.5/2 hours at most. personally i woulnd't, but then again i probably wouldn't go there even if i had all day and it wasn't 100degrees.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Frozen on the point of collapse...
August 18, 2005, 09:04:13 am
You see really, I know you are right - but I'm psyched and know that Saturday this week is out (got a wedding). Don't want to go on the sissy again, could go to the tor and do in brine, but thats hardly krankenjura preparation as its vertical and crimpy...

dave

#3 Frozen on the point of collapse...
August 18, 2005, 09:12:31 am
if you're psyched, i say just go and 'ave it.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#4 Frozen on the point of collapse...
August 18, 2005, 09:28:03 am
I is going to be there, mostly belaying the missus. Go on you know you want to! I can beta you up on most of the classics. Skip the warm up a Rubercon. Warm up by dogging a route or a quick lap up Braciation.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#5 Frozen on the point of collapse...
August 18, 2005, 09:40:12 am
That could be the answer - have a quick burn on that then get on free monster again (not bothered if I get on this tbh - was just that stone had clipped it up). Will also have ET with me tonight, she should be able to do Braciation, theres not much else for her though....

AndyR

• forum hero
#6 Frozen on the point of collapse...
August 18, 2005, 10:38:25 am
Quote from: "dobbin"
Will also have ET with me tonight, she should be able to do Braciation, theres not much else for her though....

Surely he/she would be able to fly their magic bike up most of the routes - that long glowing finger might prove useful in some of the monos?

I'll shut up shall I :roll:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#7 Frozen on the point of collapse...
August 18, 2005, 12:27:24 pm
made me laugh! Not sure she has a magic bike, and her skin is in much better condition than the other ET!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#8 Frozen on the point of collapse...
August 19, 2005, 07:56:24 am
well, I'm glad I went. Inspite of torrential rain over the weekend its all still dry, although predictions of it going prematurely dark were on the money. There are some WILD routes here - awesome, all off dynos in a roof 10 metres up! brilliant!

Lovejoy looking good on his glue machine, sebastapol Grieve swedging through the roof with minimal rock contact and Fiona topping out Braciation dance. ET found it hard poor lamb, but sure will be back for more.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal