UKBouldering.com

Ben Heason's slab panel (Read 2820 times)

tobym

• menacing presence
Ben Heason's slab panel
July 12, 2005, 02:59:58 pm
Just read Mike Robertson's profile of Ben Heason, in Climber, this month, it describes a slabby panel that Ben has/had to train footwork/toe strength, anybody know what sort of angle it is/was at, any other descriptions useful.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Ben Heason's slab panel
July 12, 2005, 04:10:45 pm
Nik at Work has one so maybe PM him.

I think Nic's actually *done* some hard routes too.

nik at work

• forum hero
#2 Ben Heason's slab panel
July 12, 2005, 05:34:51 pm
Don't know anything about ben heasons slab panel, but mine is about two foot high and at about 70 degrees probably (total guess).
I would say that the specific angle is pretty irrelevant as the sloppiness of the holds will be your limiting factor if you see what I mean.

I use mine to train balance and footwork. Standing on it static, walking around on it and jumping onto it (all no handed obviously as it is only 2 foot high). Use small footholds. If it is easy to stand on just use a smaller slopier foothold. Use one of these and you will really see ahuge improvement in your footwork and your trust in your feet. You will develop a better 'feel' for whether your feet will stick or not.

NOTE: Make sure the board is well secured before you try any jumping onto it antics!

I seem to remember agreeing to write a feature about making and using a footboard for Bubba, maybe one day I'll actually do it? :)

tobym

• menacing presence
#3 Ben Heason's slab panel
July 12, 2005, 05:46:15 pm
Cheers for that :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal