UKBouldering.com

Two new problems in the Rivelin Valley (Read 3200 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Two new problems in the Rivelin Valley
March 19, 2003, 10:54:12 am
Added to the problems database.

One at Fox Hagg from Dave and the other at Rivelin Quarry by Nik @ Work - cheers for the info guys....

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#1 Two new problems in the Rivelin Valley
March 26, 2003, 03:34:52 pm
Also at Rivellin I think it was Pete Hurley did a new V8+ at the left hand end of crag along the lip of cave. I climbed this thinking it a new prob a few weeks ago, probably after pete as it had a bit of chalk under the roof. At the time i thought V7 or soft V8, but i did use an edge a foot or so above the lip, anyone know any more?

nik at work

• forum hero
#2 Two new problems in the Rivelin Valley
April 08, 2003, 10:39:31 am
The new problem at Rivelin Quarries might be harder than V11. I thought V11 was font 8a+ however looking on the recent Claire Murphy debate on Planet Fear it would seem that it is 8a. So the problem may be V12? All I know is that it is the hardest boulder problem I have done by a significant margin. Please someone go and try this problem, it is superb and it would be nice if someone who had a vague understanding of bouldering grades were to have a go (and the arete to the left of it is also superb - font 7b/7b+ F.A. Ian Farrarh, no idea if it has a name). Sorry for being a total muppet when it comes to bouldering grades :oops: ...

dave

#3 Two new problems in the Rivelin Valley
April 08, 2003, 10:52:05 am
My new problem may also be font 8a+........but more likely its V4.

Nik i would try your problem but from what i remeber of seeing it briefly ages ago i imagine it would involve me putting my mat down, putting shoes on, chalking up, failing to pull off the floor and then going home again.

nik at work

• forum hero
#4 Two new problems in the Rivelin Valley
April 08, 2003, 10:59:42 am
Well it's the thought that counts...

P.S. You have moved house haven't you? If you email me your new address I will stick the vid in the post for you, I have been carrying it round in my bag for weeks and I am losing faith in the whole 'I'll probably just bump into' theory...

nik at work

• forum hero
#5 Two new problems in the Rivelin Valley
April 08, 2003, 11:01:23 am
Obviously ther should be a 'you' in there somewhere (and probably a 'bo selecta' and 'bling bling' also as I am so street)

dave

#6 Two new problems in the Rivelin Valley
April 08, 2003, 11:05:32 am
Bo to that.

And you know if you post it that will guarantee you'll bump into me before it arrives.

Flava.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal