UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2101108 times)

Doylo

• forum hero
#250 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 09:58:11 am
Don't blame me you video pirating scumbag

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#251 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 10:19:13 am
Rocklands trailer - 

a dense loner

• forum hero
#252 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 10:20:41 am
maybe a bit harsh on BOTW, the first time i saw it i was staying at a friends in cali, to say he worships the big man would be an understatement. however even he was cringing. it was a bit better on second viewing i will admit. i will go on record saying NG needs a blow torch and pliers taking to him. you can tell him that if you're sat next to him ;)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#253 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 10:39:59 am
maybe a bit harsh on BOTW, the first time i saw it i was staying at a friends in cali, to say he worships the big man would be an understatement. however even he was cringing. it was a bit better on second viewing i will admit. i will go on record saying NG needs a blow torch and pliers taking to him. you can tell him that if you're sat next to him ;)

Fair enough, its not Pilgrimige cringeworthy though!

Stubbs

#254 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 10:42:23 am
Yeah the presence of NG does somewhat ruin the video, but i think most of the footage is excellent, and it's probably one of my favourite videos.

THe Hueco footage on the new Dosage video is fooking quality.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#255 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 10:43:41 am
Yeah the presence of NG does somewhat ruin the video, but i think most of the footage is excellent, and it's probably one of my favourite videos.

THe Hueco footage on the new Dosage video is fooking quality.

You got it already? Did you order from bigup?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#256 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 10:46:59 am
is it the usual 2 gems enclosed by 4 pieces of offal?

Stubbs

#257 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 10:53:33 am
Went to a showing of Dosage while I was in Yosemite. You can order it from today.

Depends what stuff you're into re: offal.

THe hueco footage is awesome, the return to swizzy footage (which they only showed a short clip of) will be great, it includes sharma on the dyno graham was trying on the last video and graham on coup de grace. The Sharma dreamcatcher footage is also brilliant, and they only made it a short dose, so as not to over egg it. Besides that you get Tommy doing laps on the Nose - seeing somebody be happy that he got to 5.11 chimneys after 50 pitches 'because he didn't have to use his arms any more' is pretty damn impressive. Then you get Lisa Rands on Gaia, which is impressive if only to see how she does the crux.

So I guess that's three good uns and two ok ones.  At least there's no 'return to balance' bollocks.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#258 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 10:59:32 am
Just ordered from Bigup, cheers

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#259 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 11:56:28 am
Bigup are definitely pretty good re customer service - sent it out on the day of order.  I've admittedly not received it yet, but if Dosage3 was any guide it should be here no later than most UK mailorder places generally take.  Praise be to the exchange rate - I think you can still get a subscription to Climbing for about £13 too.  In spite of the number of adverts it still usually has far more good, interesting reading than any of the UK mags... the features and articles are just somehow far more personal and engaging than the usual "guide to the laetest Rockfax guide area" stuff published here (with the odd laudable exception).

Whilst seeing Dosage4 did you get to see much of First Ascent?  There's some spectacular stuff on that but a lot of it seems curiously underplayed.  The eventual ascent of Cobra Crack feels almost resentfully included because it wasn't done by Didier, the ostensible "hero" of those sections (though Greenspit looked awesome)?!  Same with some of other footage - spectacularly hard run-out climbing (e.g. Dean Potter) but relatively little drama comes across.  One of the few occassions I've felt a bit more "over-egging" and Dosage style whizziness would be welcome.  Although subsequent viewing have engaged me more.

Some of the extras are pretty good though, including a sickish looking trad route called Iron Monkey.  But, of possibly more interest there's some Fred Nicole footage.  Very welcome for me anyway as I have only ever heard the controversies(Akira 9b etc) rather than seen the climber.  He struck me as akin to a looser, more acrobatic version of Sharma (if that's possible).  There was something almost feral about him... swinging gleefully footless off the monos of his home-crag.  The possible 5.15 he does for the cameras looked... well everybit as evil as you would expect.   

Stubbs

#260 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 12:07:50 pm
Yeah they showed a lot of first ascent, was thankfully spared the footage of timmy o neil....  the footage of Didier was awesome, he seems like such a chilled out but focused guy, and yeah, Trotter was definitely the 'villain' of the piece.

That Black Canyon of the Gunnison looks like the scariest place in the world....

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#261 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 10:36:39 pm
you mean Rouhling. Fred Rouhling.
Some of the extras are pretty good though, including a sickish looking trad route called Iron Monkey.  But, of possibly more interest there's some Fred Nicole footage.  Very welcome for me anyway as I have only ever heard the controversies(Akira 9b etc) rather than seen the climber.  He struck me as akin to a looser, more acrobatic version of Sharma (if that's possible).  There was something almost feral about him... swinging gleefully footless off the monos of his home-crag.  The possible 5.15 he does for the cameras looked... well everybit as evil as you would expect.   

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#262 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 01, 2006, 11:42:54 pm
F R E D  R O U L I N G. 

Astonishing climber.  So humble.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#263 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 02, 2006, 04:47:12 am
A collection of bouldering videos from Australia can be had here

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#264 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 02, 2006, 08:31:23 am
F R E D  R O U L I N G. 

Astonishing climber.  So humble.

Did you miss the "H" on purpose to try and say that I had spelt it incorrectly, because I put it to you that it is YOU who have spelt it incorrectly.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#265 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 02, 2006, 09:07:13 am
Can anyone speak Japanese, you can buy the wheel of life dvd here http://item.rakuten.co.jp/sakaiya/10000593/

And his other dvd probably.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#266 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 02, 2006, 12:34:53 pm
Sorry for the mistake fellas... thankfully you are all knowledgable enough not be led astray by my ineptitude with names (would it be possible to re-edit... for clarity if nothing else?!).  Agreed that Fred seems a lovely humble bloke.... the sheer physical glee he expressed in his movements was wonderful.  His climbing hard moves just appeared a means of his accessing even greater levels of personal joy (although he did appear to be using it as an excuse for some earlier chipping).

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#267 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 02, 2006, 09:08:13 pm
F R E D  R O O (H) L E N G. 

Estonishin Kleyemer.  Os bumleh.

Did you miss the "H" on purpose to try and say that I had spelt it incorrectly, because I put it to you that it is YOU who have spelt it incorrectly.

Guilty your Honour.  Guilty of slowly, but most definitely surely becoming a fucking pisshead... 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 09:18:49 pm by Houdini, Reason: Not telling! »

r-man

• forum hero
#268 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 09, 2006, 12:00:07 am
La pelle - 8a+

Hueco stuff - annoying music, but good problems

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 12:27:59 am by r-man »

r-man

• forum hero
#269 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 14, 2006, 11:21:54 am
Czech stuff

Like the ghost climbers in this one

Not so slick, but a nice looking problem

Paul B

• forum hero
#270 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 14, 2006, 11:17:37 pm
A few videos recently added on the moon site including jason's roof, sputnik and a whole load of things up at gib tor that look interesting.

https://www.moonclimbing.com/index.php?form_action=video

Paul B

• forum hero
#271 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 17, 2006, 07:53:42 pm
Quick bit of footage of brad pit taken today:

the quality dropped a lot after uploading it, all the text is blurry but apart from that not bad I hope?

Dr T

• forum hero
#272 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 18, 2006, 02:18:19 pm
this link's probably been up before but the latest offering (dishes) is crimptastic with a side dish of slabtastic and a bit of tiny dynoism to end with

Dr T

• forum hero
#273 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 19, 2006, 07:25:29 pm
some nice little clips of caley, peak and font bouldering

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#274 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
November 20, 2006, 12:17:39 pm
Quick bit of footage of brad pit taken today:

the quality dropped a lot after uploading it, all the text is blurry but apart from that not bad I hope?

i really am in love with brad pit.
the problem, i mean.

disclaimer: if the day will ever come i sit triumphant on top of it, for me it will be 8a. you cant downgrade legends.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal