UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2101629 times)

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
what the fuck is the score with Jonny G’s stuff?  Il Pirata looks like as small if not smaller holds and significantly steeper than these 8c+s? And Shadowplay doesn’t have holds. :shrug:

Might be a silly question, but did anyone try to pull on any of the 'holds' or do any of the moves on Il Pirata when you were there? I have only seen pictures of a dusty looking hole where I am told an 8C was once climbed, so I really have no idea about what the problem is like beyond that.

Doylo

• forum hero
Blackpool Sam talked me through it once but he didn’t pull on. Matchsticks in a horizontal roof.

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
Blackpool Sam talked me through it once but he didn’t pull on. Matchsticks in a horizontal roof.
Fair, sounds pretty grim

Bradders

• forum hero
I believe the sequence supposedly involves a series of extremely deep drop knees in order to make the matchsticks usable...

The greatest bouldering film ever made

Which film is this?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Stonelove.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE

The greatest bouldering film ever made featured an argument about the correct number of apples to transport to the crag. It also covered bread eating and theories for and against the retrospective spreading of butter on jam.
This, and Malc climbing everything.
It also featured his legendary "miles away look" that made me post this, ages ago:
https://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,7558.msg112750.html#msg112750
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 05:26:13 pm by Nibile »

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
Nice little video here on the, previously unknown to me, Japanese mutant Ryohei Kameyama on his recent tear of la foret. Absolutely heroic effort not dabbing on the big rock next to la revoloutionnaire

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Watched that Castle Hill "Man In The Moon" film recently, it was great, aside from the stupid cooking breakfast sequence. Quantumn Hill weirdness section was ace, would have watched a full film of that, and in the Flock Hill section, I really liked how he went through different people all pushing their personal projects.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
Nice little video here on the, previously unknown to me, Japanese mutant Ryohei Kameyama
What a legend. Soft spoken, reserved, yet lethal. So refreshing after years of beta yelling, slang munching obnoxious posses.

monkey boy

• forum hero
Really enjoy the videos Ryuichi does. Shows the working of the problems nicely.

Wood FT

• forum hero
I enjoyed the font vid, very much a soul climber.

user deactivated

Wot defines a soul CliMber? Just curious......

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
As opposed to assoul climber..

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Doylo's latest work made me cry with laughter.

turnipturned

• forum abuser
Just put a little video of recent goings on for those that are interested in new, newish or rarely done boulders. Including: Antediluvian (FA), Kilnsey. Stellar Dweller, Sampson stones. Borealis, Great Roova. Rumble in the jungle, Hawcliffe. ENJOY get psyched.

turnipturned

• forum abuser
Wrong thread.... someone put this in the shit video list

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
That Doylo vid is of the highest calibre - Peak Doyle? Proper genius in any case!

Also, this is superb...

monkey boy

• forum hero
That Doylo vid is of the highest calibre - Peak Doyle? Proper genius in any case!

Also, this is superb...

I thought the footage was great but would have been nice to see the work that went into some of those problems rather than just the sending.

Wood FT

• forum hero
Doylo's latest work made me cry with laughter.

That was such quality. 

Where is it Doylo?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut

Also, this is superb...

Hmmm. I found that it was technically well-produced, but I did find a couple of small issues that detracted from it for me personally:

The obligatory and often unnecessary slo-mo on every single problem became very cliched and cringeworthy.
The letterbox format meant that 1/3 of the screenspace was wasted so the main viewing was a very small bit of problem and a lot of horizontal landscape.
Some problems were hard to see being in shadow against a bright background, it seemed strange that the person who made it had high FPS cameras etc etc but didn't manage to brighten these up.
There was little context behind the problems nor why they might be meaningful to the climber (a bit like monkey boy was saying).
The "Created by...." credit and somehow having both a Teaser and a Trailer seemed very pompous.
The overall vibe for me was of a box-ticking bouldering video designed by grey men in grey suits to have a refined polished product with inoffensive mass market appeal but without any personality or soul whatsoever.

OTOH I did like the atmospheric conditions at Eastby and the footage of the grouse trotting down the boulder to take off.

Ged

• junky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2FDg1WEtGk#action=share

I thought this Misericorde video was lovely.  What a great little portrait of a friendship.  And a stunning problem thrown in for good measure.

JamieG

• forum hero
The scene at 4.52 speaks to me on a deeply emotional level. The cinematography is  flawless. The fall out of the camera shot (with just the sound of the mats), the pan down, him just laying on ground, the friends hands on his head, unsure what to do. Beautiful.

36chambers

• forum hero
Looks like Bearcam has recently started to upload some of his back catalogue to youtube!

Not only that, Carlo Traversi has started doing the same

Alongside these channels, hardclimbs, mellow (and obviously Turner's VLOG), I'm feeling pretty spoilt with how frequently good bouldering videos are appearing online! :strongbench:

Let me know if you guys know of any other worthwhile channels. (Paul Robinson has a vlog, but it's usually hit or miss.)

edit: and obviously doylo99 is still up there with the best.

Bradders

• forum hero
Thanks for sharing that 36C, thought the Rocklands one was ace.

andy_e

• forum hero
I liked the one of the 12-year old James "Jimmy" Page avoiding some heavy dabbage on some right bumscrapers, calling every single boulder problem a bitch, all set to a horrendous trance soundtrack.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal