UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2101526 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
#6175 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 03, 2017, 11:33:21 am
I actually really enjoy this aspect of Dave's videos, he gets it to work somehow. Horses for courses.

dave

#6176 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 03, 2017, 11:44:14 am
I'm generally in the camp of supporting some crag noises during vids rather than just silence with a soundtrack over it.

However in practical terms anyone shooting video with a bog standard DSLR/mirrorless as an afterthought (i.e. mainly shooting stills) is unlikely to have a decent external mic rig, picking up tons of wind noise, or if filmed from a distance no climbing noises at all, in which case a compromise has to be made somewhere.

haydn jones

• forum hero
#6177 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 03, 2017, 11:52:54 am
Yea like i said. I can't  speak for everyone. And also agree with what dave said.

monkey boy

• forum hero
#6178 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 04, 2017, 08:41:16 am
Thanks for the feedback. I had already made this before other feedback and so wasn't going to change it. I agree Haydn but sometimes it just doesn't work. When I make my videos I watch the whole thing with no music to start with, if I feel it works I try to keep music to a minimum but often it just doesn't flow. The camera picks up conversations which would sound crap and swearing etc at times which I don't want to put on videos.

I also like to see failed attempts but if you have failed attempts in a video that has 5/6 problems in it then it ends up being too long for our short attention spans. I also don't always film all attempts and so end up with very few failed goes. When I make a video of harder ascents or even just one climb I try to get some failed attempts in definitely.

I agree with the comments though and when making my next videos I will definitely keep this stuff in mind.

Cheers guys

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#6179 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 04, 2017, 11:52:27 am
But

Its as james said last time

"Mention me in your tweets..."

I feel I should add that the sound point was just one thing I wanted to mention -other than that I really enjoy Dave's vids. I think one of the main reasons for this is because it's obvious the climbing is more important than the filming. Also, I'm always impressed by the quality of the free-to-use music you find. Enjoyed this one, thanks for sharing Dave.

:goodidea: An alternative to recording the actual sounds could be to add other ones on later. Bruce Lee and adult films should provide all the appropriate noises you'll ever need and I believe you can use 2 second samples without infringing copyright.  ;D ;D

monkey boy

• forum hero
#6180 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 05, 2017, 08:07:40 am
But

I feel I should add that the sound point was just one thing I wanted to mention -other than that I really enjoy Dave's vids. I think one of the main reasons for this is because it's obvious the climbing is more important than the filming. Also, I'm always impressed by the quality of the free-to-use music you find. Enjoyed this one, thanks for sharing Dave.

:goodidea: An alternative to recording the actual sounds could be to add other ones on later. Bruce Lee and adult films should provide all the appropriate noises you'll ever need and I believe you can use 2 second samples without infringing copyright.  ;D ;D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good idea!

The free music takes a long time to find, I use FMA.

tomtom

• forum hero
#6181 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 05, 2017, 08:33:04 am
Spaghetti Westerns would be a gold mine (sorry) of 2 second samples - would be most entertaining in a bouldering vid :)

joel182

• obsessive maniac
#6182 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 05, 2017, 12:26:18 pm
But

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good idea!

The free music takes a long time to find, I use FMA.

Really surprised/impressed that it's free music in your videos - guess I haven't paid enough attention to the credits!

andy popp

• forum hero
#6183 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 06, 2017, 02:43:55 pm
I really enjoyed this:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#6184 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 11, 2017, 08:33:55 am
I should have been patient...

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
#6185 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 11, 2017, 04:51:39 pm

I doubt this has been signed off by the original editor...

On that note - I went looking for all NHarts old Font videos on Vimeo the other day and the lot of them had vanished!
Any ideas where I might be able to find these now, or are they lost to the ether?

standard

• obsessive maniac
#6186 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 11, 2017, 05:19:26 pm

On that note - I went looking for all NHarts old Font videos on Vimeo the other day and the lot of them had vanished!
Any ideas where I might be able to find these now, or are they lost to the ether?

he said on facebook that his vimeo account was hacked, and his videos where deleted.

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
#6187 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 11, 2017, 05:34:09 pm

he said on facebook that his vimeo account was hacked, and his videos where deleted.

Ah, that's disappointing then - any chance of them being re uploaded or are am I going to have to move to font, train hard, and make my own?

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#6188 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 16, 2017, 06:57:55 pm
Pretty psyched for this...

Sent from me pyar sic fone lid...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#6189 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 16, 2017, 10:06:56 pm

defo an illegal rip.. not fair on the editor... I'll speak to him..

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#6190 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 16, 2017, 10:25:51 pm

just spoken to Neil.. this link is illegal. As for the previous " dose of Font" time will tell..

submaximal gains

• player
#6191 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 19, 2017, 04:00:27 pm

Isabelle Faus on the wheel of chaos.

My new favourite in the subgenre of bouldering vids set to agressive rap music, knocking the Jimmy Web climbing livin' large down to second place. ( )

36chambers

• forum hero
#6192 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 23, 2017, 09:08:35 am
I do love that livin' large edit. The clip from 20-29 seconds is the best thing I've seen in a climbing video in ages.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#6193 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 24, 2017, 01:29:28 pm
Faus' video was absolutely terrible in my opinion.

Durbs

• forum hero
#6194 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 24, 2017, 01:57:44 pm
It was a good "record" video, in that it showed the route being climbed. but artistically/interestingly was pretty dull.

Nizza

• addict
    • Increasing The Calibre
#6195 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 24, 2017, 02:02:33 pm

Agreed nibs, nothing worse than seeing a shit video of a pretty epic bit of climbing.

user deactivated

#6196 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 24, 2017, 02:43:57 pm

"Tack, tack, sit on it, move it down, squeeze, c'mon!"

So which one exactly mate?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#6197 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 24, 2017, 02:59:39 pm
The crux of the problem is tuning that guy out.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:08:38 pm by cheque »

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#6198 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 30, 2017, 08:42:30 pm
Just watched Uncharted Lines so thought I'd share some views...

Good points - Quality camera work (as you'd expect), The Zimbabwe footage in particular is really spectacular. First film I've watched for a while where I was blown away by the look of some of the problems! Was missing someone struggling on soething but this came through at the end with Daniel Woods sending his Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Bad points - Paul Robinson isn't particularly inspiring to listen to, Daniel Woods freaks me out and not enough Dave Graham. Jimmy Webb is cool though...

Well worth a few fuck alls in my opinion....

Duma

• forum hero
#6199 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 31, 2017, 10:41:31 am
Cheers fatneck, had forgotten about this, keen to see the Zimbabwe stuff

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal