UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2102254 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
For sure as he's annihilating everything else.

Awesome stuff but I'm still fast forwarding these videos hoping for the Dune footage, which unless I'm being stupid isn't on any of them.

I presume it's being kept for a film but I would love to see it. That's the most impressive thing I've heard he's done.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
I really didn't like the video of Webb in Font.
Leaving aside personal look choices, like anklets and hipster/Amish beards, I didn't like how it was shot: no close ups on the holds, missed moves and topouts, etc.
Plus, one of the things I hate the most in bouldering videos: they show the boulderer walking peacefully in the forest, with just a tiny pack - because bouldering is so pure, just chalk and shoes - and then, magic! Five or six pads materialize under the boulder, with spotters, pad moving slaves and the likes.
It's as fake as a seven Euros bill.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Only about 1/4 of it was Font footage, the rest is in Switzerland.  :read:

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
1) The title says "The Magical Forest of Fontainebleau" and that's what I used as a reference.
2) I never implied a specific reference to bad shooting in Fontainebleau, otherwise I would have used Forest with a capital "f".
Nice try, though.  ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
That comment wasn't directed at yourself Nibs, it was a more general comment on the inappropriate title of the video, since I was expecting a video of crushing in Fontainebleau.  Out of the 6m22sec they switch to Switzerland at the 1m38sec point.  To me that makes it predominantly about crushing in Switzerland, not Fontainebleau.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
Jwebb film was shit. how you can make a shit film when filming people like him in places like that is beyond me.

bendavison

• obsessive maniac
Jwebb film was shit. how you can make a shit film when filming people like him in places like that is beyond me.
:agree: especially given the ticklist from that trip!

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
That comment wasn't directed at yourself Nibs, it was a more general comment on the inappropriate title of the video, since I was expecting a video of crushing in Fontainebleau.  Out of the 6m22sec they switch to Switzerland at the 1m38sec point.  To me that makes it predominantly about crushing in Switzerland, not Fontainebleau.
Sorry!
My reply was tongue in cheek, though.
We are a bit touchy today... You know how lawyers are.
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
 :hug:

Stubbs

I'm hoping that this is a 'keep the sponsors happy' quick edit, and there is a full(er) length vid coming out at some point.  It will be a real shame if the footage of the trip doesn't come to light.  I guess the other almost unthinkable option is that Jimmy was not constantly being followed around with a camera, and some of his ascents weren't captured!

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
i hope this as well, if he isnt constantly followed i think he needs to tripod up, doesnt he realise he climbs for our viewing pleasure ;)

monkey boy

• forum hero
The one thing I can't understand about this thread is that big names seem to get videos on it whether they are quality or not. The last two of Jimmy are obvious examples. Yes he is a beast and yes the problems he is sending are hard but neither of the videos have been quality. I do know this is personal choice but really!

They should get put in non-quality then we still get to see him being a beast!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah I agree. Not that I even realised they were shit as I was just ffwding looking for Dune footage....

monkey boy

• forum hero
Yeah I agree. Not that I even realised they were shit as I was just ffwding looking for Dune footage....

Now that will be quality, however poor the video!

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
The quality bouldering vid originally started as a place to put any vids, because at the time seeing any climbing on the internet was "quality". The non quality thread started as somewhere to put really awful vids, but quickly morphed. Does it really matter which thread they end up in though? Sure we all look them at both.

kelvin

• forum hero
I put one in the non quality bit the other day - she's sponsored but I didn't like the vid muchly. I liked the first problem, my mate's music is in it and still I didn't think it quality, even tho some might. It is better than some in here tho.

Swings and roundabouts.

a dense loner

• forum hero
Ones for good vids to watch the others are tolerable or worse. No one puts their own in quality. That goes for whether you're filming or in it. It's quite simple. The last few of the good webbs have been less than poor

imaxst

Ok wasn't quite sure where to post this because it looks like its a tech demo but it is beautifully shot and features Malc climbing.

psychomansam

• forum hero
 :wank:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Sorry if I've given the impression I actually watch &  quality control videos before choosing which thread to post in.  I don't as I have work to do most of the time, but embedding a link takes a few seconds and is then easy to find for later viewing.

What  r-man said.

a dense loner

• forum hero
You have work to do!!! Every third post on ukb is yours, I'm sure you get a graph trend for us  :P

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut

Editing is well OTT and the commentary is a bit but fuck me the problem/line/setting is as amazing as they say  :2thumbsup:

b3n99

• stalker
Wow, that line is stunning, justifies the commentary I think. Think the cinematography shows it off well too, will put Tahoe on the list!

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Scouse beast and general all round nice guy Mike Hart crushing the Riverbed...

JackAus

• junky

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal