UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2100850 times)

a dense loner

• forum hero
i must be getting older, i've been catching up on these vids and thought the one of ned, le den mat and gospel were really good yet while watching the hueco rock rodeo i had to check to make sure my eyes and ears weren't bleeding. Looking at all the people walking into the areas made me think that maybe climbing isn't such a good thing sometimes

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Its the organised events that aren't such a good thing.

monkey boy

• forum hero
Its the organised events that aren't such a good thing.

The Rock Rodeo is incredibly well organised and raises money for Access Fund and other charities within El Paso. It all has to be authorised by the Hueco Tanks Park and guides are used at all times so that hopefully damage is limited.

i must be getting older, i've been catching up on these vids and thought the one of ned, le den mat and gospel were really good yet while watching the hueco rock rodeo i had to check to make sure my eyes and ears weren't bleeding. Looking at all the people walking into the areas made me think that maybe climbing isn't such a good thing sometimes

The park has a maximum number of people that are allowed in each day and this is not exceeded for the Rodeo.

We were sceptical at first but actually the day is really good and pretty laid back and the whole weekend is a lot of fun even for boring bastards like myself.

You wouldn't want it all the time but as an annual event it's pretty good. Agreed with the ears bleeding though Dense!

tim palmer

• forum abuser

Speaking of organised events…..

Apart from all the a-whooping and a-hollering and annoying commentary and slow-mo etc etc, the problems do look a bit more fun and create more of a spectacle than our comps. 

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
All good, they just don't interest me, I quite like peace and solitude when I head outdoors (virtually impossible, but it is possible to avoid crowds).

The whole permit system at Hueco puts me off ever going, as does US border control.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
US Border control isn't a problem. Unless you happen to be Mexican and trying to get into El Paso from the south side :)

monkey boy

• forum hero
Agreed about quiet and solitude for climbing, I really don't like climbing with lots of people around. That's why I filmed on the day. In fact this year Hueco was the perfect place for that. The whole time we were there (except for a few days before the Rodeo) we barely saw anyone, it was great!

The permit situation isn't too much of a problem as long as you are organised especially for North Mountain and the climbing is definitely worth it. Plus it doesn't rain!!

a dense loner

• forum hero
I did wonder about the max person allowance and why you weren't climbing? You know me tho Dave I just don't like people. Not a fan of epilepsy either more the slower paced shit, but not as far as Nick B's timelapses  ;)

monkey boy

• forum hero
I did wonder about the max person allowance and why you weren't climbing? You know me tho Dave I just don't like people. Not a fan of epilepsy either more the slower paced shit, but not as far as Nick B's timelapses  ;)

You mean my films?! You shouldn't have, you say the sweetest things!!

a dense loner

• forum hero
Have you done any? Haven't noticed, much catch up on them  ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Dave Flanagan

• forum abuser
Daniel Woods & Jimmy Webb : The Nest (V15)

Great video. Shows just enough attempts to get an insight into the moves. Rock looks great. Like a shitter version of the sandstone in the Gap of Dunloe.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Interesting they had slightly different sequences too.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah

Another sequence

Whyatt

• menacing presence
The nest looks like one of the best problems out there for sure America blessed with so much quality rock solid effort  :thumbsup:

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
Redressing the gender bias...

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
Martina Mali on the second ascent of a Jason Kehl problem in Hueco.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah

I'm posting this here.

Doylo

• forum hero
Nalle looking pretty floaty on Gioia

https://vimeo.com/m/89022426

EdGowSmith

• menacing presence
Nalle looking pretty floaty on Gioia

Beat me to it!  :lol:

Not sure what's up with the end of the video though. Is there going to be another video with those problems in it?
It'd be nice to see more footage of hard boulders in Varazze, as there doesn't seem to be very much.

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
He looks almost casual.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Awesome. Superb style.

Doylo

• forum hero
Sharp contrast to Ondra screaming on every move. Weak sport climber  :ras:

Luke Owens