UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2101416 times)

Stubbs

Nalle's new line in Magic Wood.

Some nice filming, but is it just me, or are there a few moves missing towards the end?  He all of a sudden seems to gain a lot of height with his left hand from the ramp he jumps to.

T_B

• forum hero
Incredible looking rock, but yes, the edit misses out about a body length.

biscuit

• menacing presence

It like is like still like really like amazing like though like really like really.

Please no more vids with commentaries from him in them  :o

Flipping amazing line though.

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
 :offtopic:

It like is like still like really like amazing like though like really like really.

Flipping amazing line though.
I've noticed how his accent has changed from spending so much time with American 'dudes'. It's strange how he's developed the 'like' thing, although his English is so good that I guess it's inevitable that he'd pick up traits that can be seen as annoying by some.
That aside, how the living fcuk did he hold that swing? That goes down as one of the most impressive things I've seen a climber do.

biscuit

• menacing presence
It was pretty amazing wasn't it.

The slo mo was pretty cool. I've always really struggled at any move like that ( not like THAT of course but at my level ) and you can see he starts to throw his leg towards the wall as soon as he can to counterbalance the swing. It's not for a foothold just to stop him coming off. Great coordination.

Sorry about the off topic. But i don't think i've ever heard so many likes in my life. I use fillers a lot when i am trying to speak Spanish. It gives my brain time to catch up with what  want to say. I'm going to have to make sure i don't sound like he does.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
That walk in is epic compared to the climbing!

It does seem odd to devote 50% of the video to that and not include all of the ascent which in real time must be about 30 seconds.

Problem looks good though.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Could it be that the footage was shot after the actual ascent and he couldn't repeat the problem on the day(s) it was being filmed hence the final edit not showing every single second?  :shrug:

[Occams Razor]A mistake when editing[/Occams Razor]

:devangel:

Wood FT

• forum hero
yeah, and then the star can't even repeat good size links leaving you suspicious and with more work to do *cough*BARROWS*cough*

I liked the slo-mo too, it's great that with optimum camera settings and judicious use of twixtor people can create some very interesting footage, you can really see the forces being applied.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Could it be that the footage was shot after the actual ascent and he couldn't repeat the problem on the day(s) it was being filmed hence the final edit not showing every single second?  :shrug:

I think everyone actually knows that.... And it was all tongue in cheek.

dave

Nalle's new line in Magic Wood.

http://vimeo.com/69487213#

That thing looks fucking well jackson.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones

oclv

• keep calm and kill zombies!
nice teaser IMO of a few guys in my country exploring a new area - hope you enjoy watching!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/69497325" width="500" height="208" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Pedra Viva

Maybe some will say it’s a route. To Rafael Passos, it’s a boulder. And it would be the first of such graduation to be climbed in Brazil (still in November 2009, by himself). In this case, the chronological order is important: it represents a big milestone, a great achievement - we all know that the reminded and celebrated are always the firsts, the ones that dared. They are, at last, the ones who tamed the distant and unachievable, transformed the fantasy into concreteness. Explorers. Perhaps this is the best adjective to describe Rafinha. To us, obsessively passionate about climbing, what remains is a beautiful line, an extremely classic, gorgeous, hard climbing. Really hard. Now, since we’ve got the power of the words (and images), we say: cheers to the first V14 climbed in Brazil!

JackAus

• junky
Awesome rest..

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
Wasn't that one in Reach supposed to be the first V14 in Brazil?

This thing's clearly a route anyway.   ;)

Nice line and film though.

heelhookofglory

• menacing presence
    • SPC

I totally, like, agree, like.

His skills are superb, though, and it's always a pleasure to watch him climb so well.

dave

Maybe some will say it’s a route. To Rafael Passos, it’s a boulder. And it would be the first of such graduation to be climbed in Brazil (still in November 2009, by himself). In this case, the chronological order is important: it represents a big milestone, a great achievement - we all know that the reminded and celebrated are always the firsts, the ones that dared. They are, at last, the ones who tamed the distant and unachievable, transformed the fantasy into concreteness. Explorers. Perhaps this is the best adjective to describe Rafinha. To us, obsessively passionate about climbing, what remains is a beautiful line, an extremely classic, gorgeous, hard climbing. Really hard. Now, since we’ve got the power of the words (and images), we say: cheers to the first V14 climbed in Brazil!

Fucking brilliant.

Dr T

• forum hero
Font looking beautiful
Daniel Olausson (Blog) making it all look rather easy
http://vimeo.com/70730123#

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
Christian Core casually running another lap on the hardest problem in the world.

I'm always surprised how little news we hear about this thing since Ondra decided it was the hardest problem in the world, I assume at least some of the usual globe-trotting 8C-climbing superstars have been on it and got shut down?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
I've been there - and not done it - but I can tell that the holds are very painful, at least on the first part of the problem. Then, the setting is not the most beautiful you can imagine: it's in a nice wood with a river, but the rock is not beautiful and given that that boulder sees a lot of traffic the ground is badly kept. Maybe this, and the fact that Ondra gave it 8c+, make it little appealing.
Having said this, I add that If I could, I would go there and climb it, no matter what.

iain

• forum abuser
Didn't Woods have a proper go? I 'think' Ondra said in an interview that only he and Woods could use one of the holds from the superstars who had tried.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Perhaps too many people have seen the video of Ondra having to try REALLY hard on it and thought "fuck that!". Core is ridiculously strong.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Good Core strength :)

AndyR

• forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal