UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2100695 times)

miso soup

• obsessive maniac
http://vimeo.com/59587540#

Apparently been up for two months but don't think it's been posted here before.  Particularly good footage of Amber, gives a better sense of the 8Bness of it than anything else I've seen.

krymson

• obsessive maniac

Because there's not enough font videos!  ;D

quality climbing, quality music

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
http://vimeo.com/59587540#

Apparently been up for two months but don't think it's been posted here before.  Particularly good footage of Amber, gives a better sense of the 8Bness of it than anything else I've seen.

That was good. I agree, Amber is well shot.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Apparently been up for two months but don't think it's been posted here before. 

Black Diamond often upload videos, but do not make them publicly accessible straight away, instead waiting until the accompanying blog from their "athletes" is published (which for this video was a few days ago).

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
enjoyed the font video  :thumbsup:! whats the song at around 10 mins? cheers...

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Nice footage in the BD clip!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I really enjoy the BD clips; well filmed with interesting effects without being gimmicky, good music, nice contextual stuff avoiding the usual "driving to the crag", nice insigthful interviews without getting too Fryberger. And short enough that I can grab a quick watch at work!

Just a bit annoying when the do the "give name and grade before he succeeds" cliche to take any tension away.

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo

The Wave  :bow:

Nice one Ben!

Wood FT

• forum hero

Nice one Ben!

Inspiring, great film

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Quality.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
That really is quality, history is cool OK!!!

r-man

• forum hero

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Nice one Ben!

Inspiring, great film

The problem Ben Moon climbs at 7mins is Jerry's features and discs which weighs in at 8A/8A+.  :bow:

Without the discs was first done by Malc.     

abarro81

• forum hero
Malc's eliminates the disk for foot, but still uses it for hands as I understand it

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Malc's eliminates the disk for foot, but still uses it for hands as I understand it

My bad. I was just going on what I thought you said

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
Malc's problem climbs the whole problem with feet on features only, the original problem uses disc 2 as a foot hold. That single move has to be the hardest move I've ever come across. Malc gave it 8b but wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot harder.

There are numerous other features / disc problems including Justin P's project he recently did after years of effort. Needs a mini guide really.

a dense loner

• forum hero
Lucky ure here to set people straight on eliminates as always Andy. Micky warms up on jerrys, its quite frightening really. Had 3sessions on malcs n says its significantly harder, but was told they're 8a n + respectively. He shud have done malcs 2nd session but didn't cos he's shit. We're gonna get Dave Jones down so he can burn micky off again

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Purely in the interest of historical accuracy..........

I'm almost 100% sure the discs weren't like that when The Wave was originally built and were added/altered at a later date. I basically lived at The Foundry when I first moved up here and knew every inch of that wall (which is why I was able to win the first bouldering league there, cheating really  ;) ).

I first did this problem using one bolt on to start (think it was on the classic "blue holds" problem which was the only 'set' problem originally), to gain the first pinch as a handhold and then as a foothold for the match (also did it as a jump start to the pinches as the mats were lower then) then purely features. I did the move from the good edge after the pinches by putting LF on the left pinch and doing a massive step through with RF so as to reach the high edge statically.

I also tried to work out a way of gaining the pinches just on features but this seemed improbably hard (it was 1991 after all) but possible. There was a decent edge which you could do some sort of horrific shoulder press off IIRC and the footholds were shit.

JackAus

• junky
Please oh please have subtitles in the full video...

r-man

• forum hero

tomtom

• forum hero
Nice problem - but what a log film... too much (dull) talking about conditions etc.. and did we really need the Nutella pancake scene??

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
if i hate anything about climbing films its footage of cooking/ eating and footage of people making a coffee with them metal things......  :chair:

andy popp

• forum hero
His pancake skillz do look pretty dope tho'

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
fo' shizzle

(insert any current faux gangsta speak here, I don't know what terminology regarded as "street". Or even if the word "street" is used anymore.)

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
if he wants to show off his pancake skills he should do it in a seperate video so i dont have to fast forward through it... 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal