UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2102214 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2475 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 02, 2010, 03:24:13 pm
what is it people dont like about them?? I think they could be better but they are still quite good.

Go back a couple of pages and see comments that follow the posting of the "Wolverine" video from Jon Glassenberg for objections.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2476 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 02, 2010, 03:58:27 pm
Well the video is clearly labelled as to who its from, no need to actually watch it if you know you're not going to like the editing/production.

Editorial standards are however laudable GCW.

Yes, but I'm not going to blanket cull all of someone's videos if one was rubbish.

I don't know what's wrong with those ones, they just don't have much soul.  They don't make me want to rush out and boulder like a good film should.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2477 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 02, 2010, 04:02:05 pm
Guess there's only one way to separate the wheat from the chaff.  As I say laudable endeavour from yourself.

JonI

• regular
#2478 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 02, 2010, 05:32:26 pm
There is something strangely joyless about those videos, the Klem Loskot video on the previous page is way more fun to watch.  The LT11 stuff you just sit through like a spectator, and then they try to put some personality in at the end with a 'lifestyle' segment... :yawn:

ferret

• forum abuser
#2479 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 02, 2010, 07:03:53 pm
cant say i liked  that giant bullshit (although jon glassberg looks like his uni stuff must being goin well as the effects were quite impressive) and it kinda put me off the video.
i just watched chads wolvo video, and i know what people are saying about the hip hop style rhetoric getting wearing. i do however always enjoy watchin dave graham climbing, i think he displays genuine emotion and a love for what hes doing, in particular i like the way he looks like hes just been asaulted everytime he tops out, the look of somebody who just put everything he had into 30 seconds of intense climbing. gets me psyched to try that hard.

BTW chad is a very genuine guy with a passion climbing, i spent 2 weeks in his spare room, and i wasnt the first or last foreign climber to hav received this kind of hospitality.

deadhead

#2480 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 02, 2010, 08:40:08 pm
perfect time to step into this debate with the ultimate...

http://www.slackjaw.co.uk/climbingfilms/stonelove.html

NOW ON DVD..................... :goodidea:

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#2481 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 03, 2010, 12:24:10 am

I thought "sit-start" ment that one had to start sitting.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#2482 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 03, 2010, 10:45:01 am
To go against the tide of opinion, I really enjoyed the LT11 swiss videos as they made me want to go there and try the problems. I thought the editing was good and the music too, slick production for shorts. (I can maybe see this is why they were a bit lacking in 'soul' but I enjoyed them regardless!)

Really liked the Wolverine vid too as Dave Graham is always good to watch climb. it was quite rough around the edges which worked well in this case

Eddies

• forum hero
#2483 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 04, 2010, 09:18:38 pm

RASTATA

• addict
#2484 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 05, 2010, 05:07:24 pm

how'd it feel Daniel  8) ?

grimer

• forum hero
#2485 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 05, 2010, 05:31:22 pm

Very comfortable. Almost like a slipper but good enough to give all-day support to the arch of the foot. The big thing for me was how easy it was to remove, thus facilitating many goes and in effect possibilizing the problem.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#2486 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 05, 2010, 05:33:47 pm
"I went to Joe's Valley to refresh my mind...."

Didn't refresh his thunderpants though. Same red/white stinkers......some people.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2487 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 05, 2010, 05:34:47 pm

That vid was fine except the editing meant that the time he did it, there were so many ccut aways, different angles etc.. you didnt really get an idea for the problem as a whole...

Neat looking rock though - looked like bark  8)

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#2488 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 05, 2010, 06:22:38 pm
 :lol:

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#2489 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 05, 2010, 09:54:33 pm
Is this what its come to? Making video's soley to take the piss out of someone else.

Could this result in a hip-hop style video dissing battle?

I dunno, maybe I'm a little sensitive as Chris is a mate but to me thats a new low.  :wank:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#2490 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 05, 2010, 09:58:54 pm
Is this what its come to? Making video's soley to take the piss out of someone else.

Could this result in a hip-hop style video dissing battle?

I dunno, maybe I'm a little sensitive as Chris is a mate but to me thats a new low.  :wank:

All over a girl too!  :shrug:

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#2491 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 05, 2010, 10:01:03 pm
Made me chuckle! They must have spent ages making it!

It does make Carlo look like a bit of a dick though.......

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#2492 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 05, 2010, 10:04:41 pm
All over a girl too!  :shrug:

I know. Its all very lame.

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#2493 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 06, 2010, 08:54:39 pm
Personally I think this is the best effort from Team America I think the concept is funny. Just a shame they had to have a personal swipe at another boulderer. They just look like a bunch of c**ts now, I'm sure there sponsors are very proud.

Durbs

• forum hero
#2494 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 07, 2010, 09:22:15 am
They just look like a bunch of c**ts now, I'm sure there sponsors are very proud.

They might also take an interest in the pink-eye and references to ketamine too ;)

Not sure it belongs in quality section though - as he didn't get the flash, and the climbg was like 10% of the video...

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#2495 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 07, 2010, 09:47:43 am
Not sure it belongs in quality section though - as he didn't get the flash, and the climbg was like 10% of the video...

it doesnt belong in QBV because its shit and not funny. However maybe a good dose of K would have made it considerably better, but i doubt it. I mean really, how can you have access to crushers of 8B and above and still make poor videos. It makes me feel sad.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2496 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 07, 2010, 09:57:39 am
I mean really, how can you have access to crushers of 8B and above and still make poor videos. It makes me feel sad.

Even wads can't control the weather.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#2497 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 07, 2010, 09:59:18 am
the weather doesnt make you put together shit videos though.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2498 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 07, 2010, 10:08:38 am
No, but making shit videos passes the time when one can't climb 8B's.

Aside from the swipe at Chris Webb Parsons I really don't see what everyone's problem with this is, clearly it would be more at home in the "Non-Quality" as oppossed to "Quality", but then there are a number of videos in the former that should be here, e.g. lagerstarfish's.  So go shoot Willacker's for being the messenger and choosing the wrong thread to post it in.

If people are aggrieved at having lost 9minutes of their life watching something that didn't entertain them they could easily have stopped watching after the first couple of minutes of boring chat to camera.  Reading the comments that have been posted since the video itself would also have give an indication as to whether its worth watching.  If the video really wrangles some inner tension go and post feedback on the Vimeo page 'cause I reckon there's only a very slim chance of the creator's reading comments posted here and without feedback they make another video that is "shit and not funny" and that would be a travesty.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:23:50 am by slack---line »

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#2499 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
December 07, 2010, 10:19:51 am
  So go shoot Willacker's for being the messenger and choosing the wrong thread to post it in.

Don't shoot me!

I watched it and it made me laugh, I enjoyed watching it and thought it was well put together. It's a shame they had a sly pop at Parsons but I still enjoyed watching it so I popped it in the quality thread.  :shrug:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal