UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2100755 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
 8)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
so a) or b) don't apply and yet you've still put them in.
Intresting

nik at work

• forum hero
I have no problem at all with sponsorship and logos. Hell if I was sponsored ( :lol:) I'd happily logo up to the max if that was what my sponsor requested (although I'd hope they'd have the wisdom to realise this might not be the best strategy to encourage sales...). For me they neither particularly detract or add to the video. I was just curious as you said you hated them, which is pretty strong wording. Anyway nice vid, keep 'em coming.

Wipey Why

• forum hero
I understand everybody's distaste for the logos but it is free.

rodma

• forum hero
I understand everybody's distaste for the logos but it is free.

I don't find it distasteful. I think that the length of time that the logos are visible for gives me negative feelings towards the companies. 3 seconds in total would be more than adequate.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2255 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 01, 2010, 07:07:16 am
i agree with rodma. i nearly turned off after the first logo. it fits the music? have u no ears?

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#2256 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 01, 2010, 11:59:12 am
Are people really this irritated by a couple of seconds of adverts floating around? I don't think Daniel Woods had this much complaint after the excessive TNF-ing of The Game video.

Personally I don't think it was over the top, and did notice (and kinda liked) how it fitted with the soundtrack.

Dr T

• forum hero
#2257 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 01, 2010, 02:06:01 pm

another dose of fint inspiration  :bow:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2258 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 01, 2010, 06:37:46 pm
Some cool problems. The dyno at the end is great.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2259 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 02, 2010, 07:58:56 am
drew i haven't seen the game vid so couldn't complain ligitimately. to be fair there are only a few people that have said they don't like it. am afraid i'm one of them people where less is more, one of the side effects of being born with a tiny cock

dm

• regular
#2260 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 02, 2010, 10:49:06 am
another dose of font inspiration  :bow:

Great vid, shite music.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#2261 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 02, 2010, 11:15:19 am
Dense, how disturbingly honest...

And I have to admit I meant the teaser for The Game, rather than the full blown vid. Surely you watched that? Basically, every other second there is a massive TNF logo plastered over DW somewhere or other.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2262 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 02, 2010, 05:07:28 pm
no, not watched the teaser either. all the hyperbole around the prob put me off

whereas all the probs in that font vid look great neil

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
#2263 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 02, 2010, 06:55:29 pm
Been away so in Andi's defense I had asked him to put logos in that vid for an event I was helping with on the Isle Of Wight, which has now been cnacelled unfortuantely. They wanted logoed up vids of climbing. He's pretty good at editing so I let him do what he thought best and I personally like the end product. Seems to be a fuss over nothing

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2264 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 02, 2010, 10:49:53 pm
not really tom, seems to be a fuss over overly long exposures of logos for climbing companies that get more than enough exposure through every other aspect of the video. for instance prana will give you clothing for nothing apart from you having to obviously wear it to get the brand in the public eye, i'm quite sure they won't give you extra incentives for putting a 3 second advert on a film that shows one boulder problem. don't get me wrong i thought the ascent and problem looked great just that the start detracted from the rest of the quality. unfortunately this is going to be the way vids go in future. i've yet to break the news to my mum that itv are going to try and charge pay per view for corrie, then we'll see some real fireworks

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
#2265 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 03, 2010, 12:00:22 am
I agree with your principle actually (but not particularly irritated by it) and wouldn't logo in most circumstances. I haven't done that before for any vids on here and wouldn't for a normal one. However the PR people from an extreme sports festival on the Isle of Wight, which I am involved with, asked for a short clip of something cool with sponsor logos so we whacked some at the start of that Bulbhaul vid (PR love that stuff for events). They do the same for all their skaters, bmxers and other extreme sports atheletes incorporated in the festival/event and this was the first year bouldering had been introduced. In context I don't really see a problem with that. It just happens that andi has posted it as it might prove of interest, which is fair enough. That's why I still think it's a fuss over nothing.... :shrug:

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
#2266 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 03, 2010, 02:08:08 am
Awesome final dyno in that font vid, how does that measure up against others? Looks relatively long hold to hold...

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2267 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 03, 2010, 07:42:04 am
thats fair enough tom. from that pov it would be a fuss over nothing. sponsors damn them! life was so much easier when tetleys had no idea that they were sponsoring you

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2268 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 03, 2010, 08:10:58 am
i've yet to break the news to my mum that itv are going to try and charge pay per view for corrie, then we'll see some real fireworks

WHAT!? This is an outrage! Fuss over nothing? this means war...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2269 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 03, 2010, 08:44:38 am
unfortunately this is going to be the way vids go in future. i've yet to break the news to my mum that itv are going to try and charge pay per view for corrie, then we'll see some real fireworks

Yep it is, most newspapers web-sites have advert trailers that precede video footage.

Fortunately as a sentient being I can choose to ignore these and still enjoy the main show (just as people have done for years in cinemas).

RASTATA

• addict
#2270 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 03, 2010, 10:23:46 am

account_inactive

• forum hero
#2271 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 03, 2010, 12:52:52 pm
German Worm! (but with a buff body)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2273 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 03, 2010, 05:35:12 pm
Yep it is, most newspapers web-sites have advert trailers that precede video footage.

Fortunately as a cleverly programmed android I am designed to ignore these and still enjoy (subject to AI / emotion debate) the main show (just as people have done for years in cinemas).

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#2274 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
August 03, 2010, 11:53:14 pm
I think the main problem with the logos is that this isn't an extreme sports festival, its a bouldering forum and there was not need or incentive to keep the adverts on it and could of easily uploaded a shorter version without logos.
nice crushing however, made it look a path (you can see the foriegners hudled round the computer "look at those jugs, its piss, lets catch the next plane over" etc...)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal