UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2101422 times)

Dr T

• forum hero

andy popp

• forum hero
Nice and gentle. Anyone know what the music is?

Stubbs

On the last one? Jose Gonzalez: Heartbeats, cover of the Equally excellent but different The Knife

cofe

• forum hero
The Jose Gonzalez version is weak in comparison to The Knife.

Durbs

• forum hero
The Jose Gonzalez version is weak in comparison to The Knife.

Oddly I'd say the reverse... The Knife just sound like poor Kate Bush immitators.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero

Not sure if this has been up or not. Quite enjoyed it personally.

Scouse D

• forum hero
Lapland looks the place to go for an 8a tick

dave

When were you going to tell us you'd been to lapland jasper?

chriss

• obsessive maniac
A bit of plastic action.

Durbs

• forum hero
Tasty flapper at the end of that video :)

Cool little flick, is that the Lowell bro's local place or are they pimping themselves out now to any climbing wall that wants a promo vid?
Looks a nice wall, lets you top out too - but not as inspiring as real rock. (Having said that, it did make me get back on my fingerboard, so perhaps it is...)

richie0210

• regular
Maybe the day I get shut down by an eight year old girl is the day I should give up climbing  :wall:

chriss

• obsessive maniac
Maybe the day I get shut down by an eight year old girl is the day I should give up climbing  :wall:

That's the little girl thats crushing big numbers, I liked the campus lock right at the very end of the vid. I think this was filmed as Momentum, one of the US 'super gyms'

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Pretty sure its this place as its a Rockwerx wall

http://www.rockwerxclimbing.com/4651.xml

Pretty cool looking place, like the top out idea but it wouldn't have been cheap. Seems to be pretty short on matting as well. Wouldn't moan if it was my local wall though.

Stubbs

Golt they had a similar matting idea at the Spot in boulder: the whole area is covered in normal bouldering wall matting then they have those big moveable ones, which are softer, for when you're trying high stuff. Works really well as you're less scared up high

Ethan

• obsessive maniac

A few short clips of DW
Check out the dude at the end!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
the whole area is covered in normal bouldering wall matting then they have those big moveable ones, which are softer, for when you're trying high stuff. Works really well as you're less scared up high

they had a similar , ill-fated, arrangement at the Berghaus Wall in Newcastle.  There was rubberized flooring throughout with a few portable crash-mats that had to be dragged into place (vital as the flooring wasn't really soft enough to drop onto from more than around 1m).  Unfortunately, someone broke an ankle falling onto the edge of a mat, so the owners removed all of the mats and just told climbers "don't climb too high"!  Madness: the portable mats weren't perfect but they were a damn sight better than nothing.  Especially as it was an old-skool Bendcrete wall with tiny slippery holds that made down-climbing harder than topping out!  Thankfully, after around a year they installed proper deep matting throughout.

Stubbs

Some slow mo stuff on here that must be from the Red, looks reet good. Click through if HD doesn't work, etc.

butterworthtom

• stalker
    • Incoherent Rambling's of a Lakes Boulderer
All of that stuff is off Core, the new Chuck Fryberger film. Worth getting if only to see Nalle to that highball 8C arete in the rocklands.

a dense loner

• forum hero
friends say that core is wank. 80 % mumbo jumbo. in climbing films just go n climb a piece of rock, leave art-house to the showroom

account_inactive

• forum hero
Please start a blog

al123

• menacing presence
loved the black diamond one!!! most boukdering films should bee like that it was brillant took me back to my mountain bike days where biking films are more like that sort of music and slow mo!!

cofe

• forum hero

RASTATA

• addict

quality looking 8B by Cristian Core

Stubbs

Dai TCoB in the 'jura

Dr T

• forum hero
where does that man get his 3/4 lengths??
me want a pair...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal