UKBouldering.com

Quality Bouldering Videos (part I) (Read 2101881 times)

Duma

• forum hero
#1325 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 22, 2009, 02:26:20 pm
Having been back and watched it many times I'd have to say - get a grip slack! The shadow does move - well fuck me so does his knee! This is Bernd Zangerl FFS not someone who's just popped up from nowhere. That promise thread has a lot to answer for.

Chill Duma

I made no assertion that the video was chopped/edited/tampered with, in fact I thought it was most likely to be an encoding/youtube issue (hence the use of "skip/glitch" as opposed to "edit"), and as I wrote below I'm happy to go with Ockham (got the spelling right this time!) that its his knee/shadow.  At no point was I insinuating that the ascent was invalid, thats what you've read into my posts.

Looks like Bernd has been taking film lessons at the Uncle school of cinematography!

Apologies if I was a bit aggresive.
But to say that, in the current climate, your post made no insinuations is a bit weak IMO - maybe it's my reading of your post, but I would say that my reading is not an unreasonable one. If you were confident it was a encoding/youtube issue then why post - most people wouldn't have noticed. If on the other hand you thought there was a reasonable chance it wasn't, then your post is insinuating something.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1326 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 22, 2009, 02:29:25 pm
If you were confident it was a encoding/youtube issue then why post - most people wouldn't have noticed.

Cos slackers is a geek.  :P

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1327 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 22, 2009, 02:37:59 pm
Apologies if I was a bit aggresive.
But to say that, in the current climate, your post made no insinuations is a bit weak IMO

It started of a bit shitty this morning, but its cleared up nicely.  Besides, whats global warming got to do with any of this :lol:

- maybe it's my reading of your post, but I would say that my reading is not an unreasonable one. If you were confident it was a encoding/youtube issue then why post - most people wouldn't have noticed. If on the other hand you thought there was a reasonable chance it wasn't, then your post is insinuating something.

I commented as it seemed at odds with the (apparently) high-quality/definition of the video, nothing more nor less.  I shall endeavour to qualify all future statements/observations so that they are not taken out of context.  :hug:

Some people have really been riled by an enthusiastic youngsters cock-up (viz. Liam's  reporting and failing to check facts/collect evidence).  Let it fade into the distant past as it should do and don't let it cloud whatever "climate" is around you.

Cos slackers is a geek.  :P

Touché monsieur  :)

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#1328 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 22, 2009, 04:13:06 pm
I like the fact that an 8c boulder problem has such a monkey bars on the rec' finish.

You guys will argue about anything. I reckon you need to ween yourselves off ukc.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#1329 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 22, 2009, 05:51:34 pm

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1330 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 23, 2009, 09:36:27 am
can someone with a honest opinion please tell me if that vid is worth watching since every other albarracin vid has been cringeworthy and actually put me off going

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1331 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 23, 2009, 09:38:38 am
It's OK.
I let it all load, then skipped through it to watch the cool looking problems, whilst ignoring all the in between stuff.

dave

#1332 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 23, 2009, 09:48:48 am
i hope thats guy isn't taking the 7c tick for the roof with his feet hooked in the jug line, fool.

nik at work

• forum hero
#1333 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 23, 2009, 10:12:35 am
Don't bother.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1334 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 23, 2009, 12:32:56 pm
i hope thats guy isn't taking the 7c tick for the roof with his feet hooked in the jug line, fool.

Is it an eliminate, doesn't look it?

Duma

• forum hero
#1335 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 23, 2009, 01:33:00 pm
can someone with a honest opinion please tell me if that vid is worth watching since every other albarracin vid has been cringeworthy and actually put me off going

No.

If they'd edited it to ~ 1/4 of its length then maybe

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#1336 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 23, 2009, 03:38:16 pm
There are a lot of crap albarracin videos. Heading out there in a few weeks, so I've been sifting through them to build the psyche...

This is an impressive problem, click high quality for a slighty better viewing experience:

And this is the best montage I've found. No names or grades, but from watching other stuff, most problems they get up are in the 7b/c range. Skip the first two and a half minutes.

dave

#1337 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 23, 2009, 03:46:47 pm

Is it an eliminate, doesn't look it?

how does it not look it? if you got a line of massive jugs, and a set of holds in the roof next to it that would be a 7c if you ignore the jugs, then to me there are 2 things there, an good eliminate 7c and a 5a jug lip. thats what I concluded when i was there, its also what my reading of the spanish topo is, although granted if the topo said "climb the roof handholds but with your feet hooked in the massive jugline for a dubious half-and-half problem tick" then my spanish wouldn't be up to that.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#1338 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 23, 2009, 06:27:04 pm

Well fuck you then!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1339 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 24, 2009, 09:43:25 am
don't worry andy every vid i'm in is cringeworthy, no one would ever go to font again if they saw them :kiss2:

Doylo

• forum hero
#1340 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 30, 2009, 05:59:43 pm
For those of you who don't own West Coast Gimps i have uploaded Perky Pinky (the extra short on the DVD):

JohnH

• regular
#1341 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 30, 2009, 07:41:28 pm
 :bow: Awesome clip, reminds me of Splinter. 

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1342 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 30, 2009, 11:04:09 pm
Beware, some massive falls! Wont embed.

Evilution V11'ish

http://www.chalkjunkie.at/video.htm

Doylo

• forum hero
#1343 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 31, 2009, 09:39:07 am
:bow: Awesome clip, reminds me of Splinter. 

Yeah i had to apologise to Rich Heap once cos its a bit of a rip off of splinter.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#1344 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
January 31, 2009, 08:21:22 pm
I put this in another thread, but this months dose of font for you all, hope you enjoy, It also has a sneak preview of the new campus board we just built out here

click the vimeo sign for a full screen better quality

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1345 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
February 01, 2009, 09:33:14 am
neil thank you as ever for reminding me how far away i am from living the life i'd like to live.
now, it's already 10 am, i'd better hit the tanqueray bottle and cry the rest of the day.
geesus krist!

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#1346 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
February 01, 2009, 03:25:19 pm
i am sorry nibile, you know what to do about it, get your arse over here, you look strong at the moment, why not put it into practise

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1347 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
February 01, 2009, 04:08:38 pm
thank you neil. i just can't now. my family is falling to pieces and i have to glue them together.
you keep me psyched anyway, and that's priceless. i hope one day i'll be free enough to finally stop dreaming and start living (as kerry says to miranda just before going to paris with petrovsky).

fiveknuckle21

• menacing presence
#1348 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
February 02, 2009, 09:17:06 pm
Can anyone recommend a long play download besides unclesomebodys font masterpiece? I'm really bored like..

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1349 Re: Quality Bouldering Videos (part I)
February 02, 2009, 11:42:40 pm
Nice one onk, good video. Like the starting sequence of L'Aero, the Andi_e cameo, the Helicopter shot, and the Eve track surprisingly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal