UKBouldering.com

another new problem at Plantation (Read 2248 times)

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
another new problem at Plantation
May 03, 2005, 08:11:06 am
On Friday myself and Rich Heap were pointed in the direction of a small boulder cleaned only hours ago by Paul Mitchell. Situated about half way between green traverse and the lone boulder before NTBTA just below crag height is a small but good addition to the circuit. It's about 10m left of the obvious crimpy wall/slab at the same level.

A L-R traverse up an undercut ramp. Starting on a big bulb traverse the edge and finish up the twin aretes. Short but packs in some good moves. Still pretty gritty as only just cleaned.

"Slopeybardfast" english 6a or thereabouts.

Andy

neil@canaryclimbs

• menacing presence
    • http://www.customholds.com
#1 another new problem at Plantation
May 04, 2005, 10:31:59 am
any pics of it, sure i have done it before, done loads of traverses around that area, I did a few up thre a couple of years ago, that were a bit dirty at the time, and cant imagine having much trafic since

andy_e

• forum hero
Quote from: "Andy Harris"

someone's been watching hitchhiker's!
i'm sure i did something new at curbar, on th mini prow boulder, starting below the roof, going up and left, via a gaston to jugs then a footless traverse. top out at the top of the prow thing.  V2 5c probably.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Quote from: "andi_e"

i'm sure i did something new at curbar, on th mini prow boulder, starting below the roof, going up and left, via a gaston to jugs then a footless traverse. top out at the top of the prow thing.  V2 5c probably.

Maybe this would pass for a new problem in Lancashire....:wink:

Scouse D

• forum hero
Quote from: "andi_e"
Quote from: "Andy Harris"

someone's been watching hitchhiker's!

You lancs boys crack me up

dave

#5 another new problem at Plantation
May 04, 2005, 11:43:42 am
BLOBBY BLOBBY BLOBBY!!!!

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#6 another new problem at Plantation
May 04, 2005, 12:03:06 pm
Think I did a new problem on the trackside boulder a while ago. You climb the right arete, using the crack on the left. Some local wad who could do laps on the left arete told me it was a project. There's a trick to it, but I'm not going to tell you what it is. Hard V2. I christened it Trickside Arete.

:lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal