UKBouldering.com

A bit late but a question re: Widdop (Read 1514 times)

Sypeland

• stalker
    • http://www.climbersbalm.com
A bit late but a question re: Widdop
April 20, 2005, 11:23:37 pm
Now I have my new Mutt and I'm intending a trip to Widdop in the morning (Thursday), it has just occured to me about SHEEP at widdop!

So if anyone knows whether there are sheep please post ASAP and I'll check this thread as soon as I've dumped the kids at school.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1 A bit late but a question re: Widdop
April 20, 2005, 11:25:43 pm
no sheep, people take dogs all the time.

just hope it doesn't look gorgeous n when you get to the crag it's horizontal hail

Sypeland

• stalker
#2 A bit late but a question re: Widdop
April 20, 2005, 11:29:32 pm
Thats good news.

The weather will be glorious!

Graeme

• menacing presence
#3 A bit late but a question re: Widdop
April 21, 2005, 09:18:49 am
There are sheep as you walk over I remember seeing them, just keep it ona lead for a while.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#4 A bit late but a question re: Widdop
April 21, 2005, 09:51:50 am
there are definitely free-range sheep on the road and mooching around the carpark: one tried to play chicken with my car a fortnight ago (it's a Micra so would have probably won!).  Don't recall seeing any stalking the crag - they can't like using the bridge over the reservoir's channel.

squeek

• junky
#5 A bit late but a question re: Widdop
April 21, 2005, 10:23:34 am
There are sheep in the valley and last time I was there, Thursday last week, there were a few on the hillside where the boulders are.  People do take dogs for a walk round there without leads and stuff, but if you think the dogs going to go for them take it on a lead.  They're dangerous too, running in front of your car when you're doing 50!

squeek

• junky
#6 A bit late but a question re: Widdop
April 22, 2005, 11:14:39 am
How did you get on yesterday?  Did you get up to clattering stones and try Morning sickness?  I was the guy who came in to your shop on Sunday and bought some finger tape.  

I went to the roadside boulders after work and have to admit they're in a right state.  Big muddy puddles under all the popular problems where the ground has compacted/been worn away.  I had a look at Red edge right too, I don't think it's been chipped (well recently) or hit with a stone like the posting on yg.com implies, the top foothold looked the same and I can't remember how big the first one was before, but it was pretty big before.

Sypeland

• stalker
#7 A bit late but a question re: Widdop
April 22, 2005, 05:14:21 pm
Yo,
Must agree with your Red Edge Comments, I think it's down to wear and tear. Although I did it, I think I will refrain from doing it again just to reduce trafic.

We also cleared the Splash Down Pool, and did that along with other problems. I nearly had the V7 to the left of splash Down , so thats on my To Do list!

The gound was very wet, and as rock shoes and wet sloping grass don't go together there were several commedy moments and wet arses.

There were no sheep around the boulders and Jess (the dog) proved to be an excelent cragging Bitch!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal