UKBouldering.com

Southern Sandstone Bouldering? (Read 32151 times)

neil@canaryclimbs

• menacing presence
    • http://www.customholds.com
#50 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 09:49:18 pm
7b+ ish does that sound about right?

ian h

• forum abuser
#51 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 09:50:26 pm
Quote from: "neil@canaryclimbs"
i thought the probem just left was about 6b

that will be the regular renaissance start then !!!

neil@canaryclimbs

• menacing presence
#52 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 09:50:54 pm
which problem is pammy?????

had a good go at the direct start into chimera, has anyone done it?

ian h

• forum abuser
#53 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 09:52:43 pm
well 7b+ is what i had thought , although i not done it yet, i can hit the top flatty/ jug regularly, but ian thinks it not that hard maybe 7b  :?

ian h

• forum abuser
#54 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 09:57:19 pm
Quote from: "neil@canaryclimbs"
which problem is pammy?????

had a good go at the direct start into chimera, has anyone done it?

the blunt arete on the buttress just left of the renaissance bloc (where ians new one is ) or 2 meter right of second generation - sit start up to the break.

7a or maybe 7a+

direct to chimera as far as i know not been climbed, that is seriously hard and been tried by various people, and is thought to be up in the font 8's

if that gets get the video evidence for that one , lol

neil@canaryclimbs

• menacing presence
#55 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 10:00:46 pm
right, thats the problem, yes did that, thought about 7a really good problem,

dont worry if chimera start does get done, then they will be a camera :lol:  :lol:

but seriously, there are holds on it big enough to pull on just getting of the ground thats the hard bit lol im going to have a play tomorow you around

ian h

• forum abuser
#56 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 10:03:36 pm
i thought getiing off the ground up to the small lay off crimp is the easier bit, holding it and getting to the break is another matter

will be down tomorrow late afternoon

neil@canaryclimbs

• menacing presence
#57 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 10:05:24 pm
there is a really good crimp just above that, then good footers to the break should be a good problem, once done

ian h

• forum abuser
#58 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 10:07:20 pm
hmmmmmmm only 1 vertical crimp in the center of the wall as i remember :?

ian h

• forum abuser
#59 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 10:10:44 pm
you should put some pictures up would be better than just having the ones that i post , lol

more interesting for me anyway

neil@canaryclimbs

• menacing presence
#60 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 10:39:09 pm
Quote from: "ian h"
you should put some pictures up would be better than just having the ones that i post , lol

more interesting for me anyway

yes maybe i will oneday, i just havnt figured this gallery lark out yet

it does seem to be ians sandstone gallery now rather than its original topic heading :lol:

ian h

• forum abuser
#61 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 10:53:42 pm
well i realise that sandstone is a minoity thing , so just figured it is better to keep it all in one place rather than spread it all over the site

neil@canaryclimbs

• menacing presence
#62 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 10, 2005, 11:07:38 pm
Quote from: "ian h"
well i realise that sandstone is a minoity thing , so just figured it is better to keep it all in one place rather than spread it all over the site
:8)  :lol:

jimfish

#63 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 11, 2005, 08:38:50 am
is it me or does neil@canaryclimbs repeat everything. Has he done any of his own problems can some one please let me know thank you

a dense loner

• forum hero
#64 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 11, 2005, 09:22:53 am
what's wrong with repeating problems? sheffield would be a ghost town if you had to put up your own

jimfish

#65 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 11, 2005, 12:26:40 pm
being new to all this it seem as soon as some one climbs something he has done it and got the t shirt i might be wrong but thats how it looks from where i am sitting

neil@canaryclimbs

• menacing presence
#66 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 11, 2005, 01:40:27 pm
Quote from: "jimfish"
being new to all this it seem as soon as some one climbs something he has done it and got the t shirt i might be wrong but thats how it looks from where i am sitting

Hey maybe i do repeat them, whats wrong with that?????, least im getting of my fat arse and going and doing them.

But one thing I dont have time to go and clean them up, I have a few projects dotted around so whatch this space........

Anyway its not like the problems are rock hard, font 6b to 7b, everman and his dog could climb them

why dont you get down and do some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:  :wink:

jimfish

#67 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 11, 2005, 07:31:02 pm
I do get down there, every now and then and I have a few lines of my own, snowdrop direct being one of them.As for the comment about the grades, surely its about the climbing not the grade

As for the comment about  " any man and his dog climbing  7b.." I find this comment elitist and very patronising.  I have climbed at a reasonably high grade for a few years now, however I enjoy climbing with people that climb at all abilities. Its not about the grade,its about the enjoyment of the sport. I am only saying what i see, the evidence is up there in black and white. I hope you do not find ME patronising ,I just find your comments very negative towards other peoples achievements. I know routes are out there to be given a fair grade, however it would seem from your past posts that you seek to down grade any project by the likes of Ian H and Ian S.
    thank you for your last posting jim

jimfish

#68 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 11, 2005, 10:11:14 pm
hello charlie have just come back from high rocks with my wippet (neil)and he could not climb a thing. Think i will have him put down and buy a mountain goat and i will call him strnghill.

jimfish

#69 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 11, 2005, 10:56:46 pm
i am still really bothered by your comment of one man and his dog can climb.Do you not like the sand stone. surely you being a local you should be greatful for what little rock we have. I am  not taking the PISS out of you i just find it hard to belive that a local has such little respect for fello climbers and the rock as in a previous posting you talk of going to some real rock the peak is are rock that bad.

ian h

• forum abuser
#70 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 11, 2005, 11:28:30 pm
i dont really care for internet slatings , i like the chilled atmosphere on the sandstone and would prefer to keep it like that

i never climbed with neil and only met him once, so i have no idea how his climbing is

it really does not matter at all , i dont care if my problems and the other sandstone probs are easy , i enjoy them !!!! the raeson i put them on here is because i like them and want other people to like them to , so i think it is good when stuff gets repeated

i dont claim to have done these but as for the 6b - 7b comment that is not really true , i can think of literally loads of easier problems and at least 10 problems of 7c or harder, some of them unrepeated.

also i do not have loads of time to clean routes up , i climb normally on a tues and thurs evening for a few hours in that time i manage to brush stuff up and work on anything that i am trying,  also as neil probably knows there are a few project that are common knowledge besides the ones people try privately such as the chimera direct , roofus direct, the prob left of brenva on the matterhorn

anyway people stay chilled , after all who cares it is only shit sandstone , where all the holds are sandy there is no friction ,  no good problems , no good climbers etc etc etc   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

jimfish

#71 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 11, 2005, 11:36:08 pm
its not a slating its like that game catch phrase say what you see so iam

neil@canaryclimbs

• menacing presence
#72 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 12, 2005, 04:36:36 pm
Hey ian no afence on the 6b/7b comment, what i was saying was the problems i have repeated in the last week all fall into that catagory

jimfish:

whats wrong with showing an interest in new problems?, I mean least Ian is out there cleaning them up. And its good to get new problems put up

as for the downgrading coment you said, you are so far off the mark with that, If you had bothered to read the original thread, Ian was asking for coments on what I thought the grades were, And before I even thought what the grades were there is no mention to the grades, so how can i downgrade something when i didnt even know the original grade to downgrade it from

you know why dont you just chill and get out there and enjoy the fine conditions like the rest of us why it lasts

a dense loner

• forum hero
#73 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 12, 2005, 06:45:23 pm
writing this from the point of view that i don't know any of you. it seems to me that some knickers are being twisted. nowhere can i see neil slagging off ian's or other's probs or for that matter suggesting that people who climb below 6b are punters. i, for one, thought it was just banter. where he say's the prob's are not rock hard 6b-7b, what can anyone say to that, they're not rock hard. if people are to be believed the next grade claimed will start with a 9!

jimfish

#74 Southern Sandstone Bouldering?
August 12, 2005, 07:48:55 pm
hello neil cheers for your last posting i did not mean any thing by the comment  i was only saying how i thought they read to me, they still read the same but the way you read it is different NO hard feelings jim on this one we will beg to differ happy climbing :evil:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal