UKBouldering.com

New Scottish 8b/V13 (Read 3020 times)

Greg C

• forum hero

andy bowie

• regular
#1 New Scottish 8b/V13
April 04, 2005, 10:16:50 am
have many people climbed at dumbie? great 'atmospheric' place for a day with some great problems. other people - paul savage being one of them hate it with a passion!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 New Scottish 8b/V13
April 04, 2005, 12:14:03 pm
I've been there quite a few times - found it a bit of a craphole but there's some good bouldering there. Not really worth a trip on it's own if you're not locally based.  Nice on a sunny evening though.

Mr.Burns

• stalker
#3 New Scottish 8b/V13
April 04, 2005, 01:20:00 pm
I went quite alot whilist working in Scotland and thought is was cool, the problems are quality and although the setting isn't the prettiest I found it quite novel.

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
#4 New Scottish 8b/V13
April 04, 2005, 07:39:59 pm
I thinks its rather fabulous, actually.  Had a great time there with Mr Savage and Co.  The other areas I got shown where no where near as extensive.  I did like Clifton though - old school.  Good effort young 'Connor'.

Palomides

• forum abuser
#5 New Scottish 8b/V13
April 07, 2005, 09:02:02 am
Been there once - ended up lurking around the boulders at the base of the main crag while some local lads were having fun with their air-rifle down by the water. Nice place for a visit, but I didn't really get into the climbing there. I guess if you're local you'd be forced to get  a lot more out of it?

The neds pushed off and I bouldered a bit with a guy called Craig - nice guy, med student, very very strong but with one of the worst memories for sequences I've ever seen. He managed to link some traverse with me reminding him what he'd just done while working it.

A year or so later I saw him at Malham, where he onsighted one of the 7cs right of Obsession despite wet holds and immense rope drag due to clipping bolts on an adjacent route. I suspect that the only thing that stopped him falling off was the certain knowledge that he'd never remember what he's done to get to that point.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6 New Scottish 8b/V13
April 07, 2005, 09:36:51 am
And he was a med student? Doesn't bode well for a his future. Sounds like Guy Pearce in Memento.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#7 New Scottish 8b/V13
April 21, 2005, 08:50:49 pm
The neds pushed off and I bouldered a bit with a guy called Craig - nice guy, med student, very very strong but with one of the worst memories for sequences I've ever seen. He managed to link some traverse with me reminding him what he'd just done while working it.

A year or so later I saw him at Malham, where he onsighted one of the 7cs right of Obsession despite wet holds and immense rope drag due to clipping bolts on an adjacent route. I suspect that the only thing that stopped him falling off was the certain knowledge that he'd never remember what he's done to get to that point.[/quote]

Sounds like Craig Parnaby to me. Awesome onsight climber, bith trad and sport. Did a bit of climbing with him back in the late 90's

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal